Friday, July 4, 2014

Gone Fishing...Saturday

My memories of fishing are not fond ones.  Boring, you sit there and hold a pole.  The deal was I would fish and Mike would look at the geology while we were on this vacation.  I think I got the best end of the deal because we did geology more than fishing.  So here I go to be taught by the master.  Packing up! 
Notice I have my camera in my hand! Fishing pole in the other.
Leaving our campgrounds.
Leaving our kitchen set up.
For the open road to Coldwater Lake.  Coldwater Lake is on the road to Mt. Saint Helens.  It is a couple of miles below the mountain.
Geared up for the rain, pole in hand!
Wow, as is everything around, the lake is beautiful!


Here we go!  Instructions.
Hold your finger here when you start to cast and let go as the pole reaches just past your shoulder.  Mike said let me cast the first one and I will show you what to do then.  No time.
Almost as soon as the hook hit the water a fish grabbed the bait.  I got to watch Mike reel it in because there wasn't enough time to explain anything.  The fish was hungry!
This is the second fish and I caught this one.  This fishing is fun!  Not boring at all!  When they are biting like this I could do this all day.

Mike needed to go back and get the rest of his things.  Fastest I saw him move the whole time we were there.  He loves fishing!


The sun would threaten to come out once in a while but it never stayed.
We had a little fishing incident which will remain unstated in this blog.  We packed up and headed up the mountain.  Maybe today we would get a glimpse of the mountain as the clouds cleared.


A little better view!


Still can't see the whole thing.  Ahhhh!  Frustrating.  This is why I wanted to come to Mt. Saint Helens.  To see the mountain.

Better?  We watched a great movie, two actually!  One about the growth of the plants and animals and one about the geology in the area.

OK, back we go.  Tomorrow is filled up so there will be no mountain viewing.  Monday, our last day is supposed to be sunny.  We were leaving Monday.
Our catch!
My catch.

This little guy was a regular visitor to our camp.  He did get some pancake batter and some pretzels.  Cute buy annoying.  
Mike was determined to get a branch down that was in the way of the chimney.  Does this look safe?  No!  He tried it!
Much better and much safer.  He got a different tool which helped.  He didn't have to put the ladder on the picnic table.  Bad idea! It didn't work anyway!
Success!  The forest is safe from our cinders!

No comments:

Post a Comment