Sunday, June 12, 2016

Trail Cameras are Up and Running

Memorial Day I participated in an adventure with Mike.  Mike wanted me to see where his hunting spot was.  Way up in the woods we went with bear spray and his gun! Of course the location is classified but just saying you can only get there by foot! Our neighbors Tim and Luanne were kind enough to show this spot to Mike.  


After we parked the truck it was a 4-Wheeler ride.  So beautiful.  We both mentioned how blessed we are to live where we do!  Getting the 4-Wheeler out of the truck looked like a risk but Mike pulled it off as he always does.

Here we go.  There are not many times I feel at ease riding in a car with Mike driving (truth) but no problem on the 4-Wheeler.
Hmmm how do we get over this.  I walked around it and Mike took an alternate route.
Here he goes!


I have landed on the other side now.
We had to do some tree removal along the way.  Luckily, there were no huge trees blocking our ride.  I took pictures AND I helped too!



Mike didn't end up leaving this camera up.  We tested them using the trail camera SD card in my camera.  We didn't think the camera was working because the pictures didn't show in my camera.  It was my camera not the trail cameras! They worked.
Another one!  "These weren't here when I came through last time."  Well, we did have a huge windstorm last fall.

Another one!
This is as far as the 4-Wheeler will go so we are on foot now.  Hey, little bear we are here.  Can you hear us?  We do not want to be close personal friends.

Tall grass and water!  Squishy!

I am ready, don't mess with me bear!
The Hunter!

Mike put a mineral lick here and boy did the deer lick it up!


Wild flowers!

Another mineral lick.

Handy...the bear spray is ready!
Lots of old growth cedar that was cut down.

Huge cedar tree! Well it used to be a huge cedar tree.







I now have control of the 4-Wheeler.  Fun!  Made me miss my motorcycle.  Mike did tell me to slow down once! WHAT?
Back on the road again only to travel to another spot Mike wanted to show me.  Another meadow.

I know the whole world is God's but when you are up in the mountains like this you can't help but feel closer to God.

Mike said this elk met his demise by wolves!

Back home again!  This angle looks a little to tricky for me  Going up is more of a challenge than down.



Location switch!  Whew.  I was much more comfortable watching this.  I would like to keep my husband in one piece.



Success! Off we go back to Allen PL!  No bears, no other wild creatures that were bigger than Mike and me. Cameras are up and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment