Monday, April 29, 2024

Bloomsday training in Colorado

With Bloomsday a week and a half away I had to get some miles in and we did!  A very unique hike!  
Lots of huge boulders everywhere. 


This river crossing had a bridge!
Serious rock climbing.  Don't hurt those cracked ribs Keri!
I saw snow! 
This tree was growing out of a rock.  The rock was not on the ground. The rock was above the river.  Could have been a bridge to walk across if you could get to it without falling in the river. 
I had never seen this before.  These rocks were cemented in the larger boulder.  When I say that, I don't mean someone cemented them in.  Nature did it.  You could not pull them out. 



Pike's Peak in the distance.  
Yes, there was a bridge to cross the river but you could also use this short cut.  Off Keri goes. 
She made it.  She was encouraging me to give it a try.  When Keri got to the big gap her long legs got her across and she was still cheering me on.  I mentioned my legs weren't as long as hers.  Keri said she could grab my hand and help me get on the rock she was standing on.  Picture that!!!  We would have both ended up in the water.  
 Ok, let me give it a try.  Not so bad yet. 
I did get to the next rock I think but no way was I going to continue.  
Back I go and that wasn't easy either.  
I tried to load the video of me trying to get up this rock by sitting on it and pushing myself up but it wouldn't load.  So unfortunate.  I did make it back and took the bridge across.  
This was a dam that was built in the 1800s.  It broke in the early 1900s.  I was wondering if all the huge rocks we saw below the dam were from the dam breaking.  HMMMM. 

This is the other side of the dam.  Not much left at all. 

A great hike and it did the trick for training that is for sure.  Hills and all. 
5 miles in the books!!!! Thanks for a great adventure Keri! 

No comments:

Post a Comment