Friday, August 16, 2013

A Mini Vacation Ione Style!

Fun with friends for sure!  Cheryl was not able to join us and she was missed for sure.  Deanna lives in Ione, WA and she invited us up for a couple of nights and lots of fun!  I did give Deanna a bad time for not including me last year.  She told me she didn't think I would be very fun.  We all know where I was last summer right?
 Starting the evening off with a creamy drink!
 The view from the porch!  Nice!
 The clubhouse!  Where all the action is.

 I guess Kevin Cosner rented this whole golf course during the filming of the Postman.  That is Dave, Deanna's hubby with good ol' Kevin!  Rumor has it Kevin wasn't very nice.  Too bad!
 Need a place to stay while golfing.  Here it is right on the river!
 Beauties! A person couldn't have better friends!
 Don't' ask!

 A little river time to cap off the evening!
 This river goes for miles and miles!  It is so peaceful and beautiful!  Pend Oreille River!

My favorite bird!  The bald eagle.  Those who hope in the Lord with renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles.

 Dave and Deanna's house!  Beautiful home inside and out!
 This is another don't ask picture!
 Deanna cooked every dinner for us!  Delicious food!  Thanks Deanna!
 Chef Deanna!
 We are about to go under ground into Gardner Cave! We were only a few miles from the Canadian border! The third longest limestone cave in WA!
 I wish I knew what they were talking about!  From the looks on these faces it was good stuff.

 Here we go down, down, down!  Our photographer didn't notice closed eyes! 39 degrees inside the cave!  90 degrees outside the cave!


 Fascinating features in the cave!
 I think this one was called the birthday cake.  This cave is inhabited by pack rats, bats, and worms.  Fortunately they don't live there in August.  Well, Deanna saw a worm!

 Pack rat nest!


 The frog!
 These are pools that are empty in August!



Pearl Troylar.  In 1912 Pearl wrote her name on one of the stalactites in the cave. Her signature was the oldest one found in the cave!  Her granddaughter said she was about 13 when she wrote this and after growing older regretted writing on the stalactite! There were no pathways build in the cave in 1912.  Brave girl for sure!
 She wasn't the only one who wanted to make their mark in the cave!
 Stalactite and stalagmite meeting to form a column!


We made it out.  We continued on the path to make it to Canada when we got out of the cave but I had a hurting knee so we stopped.  This picture was taken almost in Canada!
 This is the original entrance to the cave.  It has been sealed by erosion.  The cave was discovered by a horse and his rider!  The horse stepped into the opening!
 Wildlife!
 Dave works at the dam!  One, among his many talents.  He kept us laughing in the evening!


 Kirbi was our lead getting to the dam!
Should I bring my granola bars?  No, this will be a great opportunity for us not to eat!  OK, I will leave them at Deanna's!  We were gone longer than we thought and Wendy had a rice crispy treat that we shared!  The granola bars would have been a good idea.  We made up for any eating we didn't do on the road when we got back.
 Really, out in the middle of this beautiful country there is a vacuum next to the dumpster!
 The hidden waterfall!



 Plants growing out of an old rusty pipe!  Wendy called it yard art!

 River time.  I had never been on a wave runner before so Deanna took it easy on me.  I love going fast so the speed didn't bother me at all.  Took a while to get the feel for turning.
 AHHH, relaxing in the tubes!

 I took the wave runner for a spin.  Fun!
 Here they go!


 Deanna said there were bald eagles along the river!  I was hoping to see one and then...I took this picture and had no idea if I got the eagle but I did!
He landed at the top of a tree! I must have taken ten pictures just to make sure I got the fella!  I did!  Maybe there are more pictures of the eagle than there are of Sheila, Deanna, and Wendy.  Sorry!




 No bathing suit pictures!  Check!!  Just head shots.


 Sheila was teaching us how to workout with noodles.  Good stuff.
Great way to take out summer.  Sunshine, friends, nature, fun, and laughter!  Thanks Deanna for having us up to Ione!  Thanks for inviting me this year!  We will see you there next year Cheryl!  Waving goodbye! Click the video below!


No comments:

Post a Comment