Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Lathrop Visit December 2014

Saturday afternoon started with grocery shopping with the girls.  It was nuts.  We had to get fruits, veggies and cookie makings.  These are not sugar cookies.  They have a secret ingredient that makes them so yummy!  Lucy over did the sprinkles.  I loved it!  

 Snitching whenever anyone looked away.  I did some too.
 So did Lucy.  That is the fun of making cookies.
I brought a tree ornament craft home along with a make it yourself elf.  We made them at school.  Fun!  Lucy is becoming very independent.  Layne is a great helper when Lucy wants it.

We had some dinner and the Layne and Lucy wanted to see the giant Christmas tree and the lights in Riverfront Park.  It's raining!!!  We have umbrellas.  It is hard to say no to these girls. This is the tree in Riverpark Square.  It is huge!
 The lights in the park!
Now it is pouring rain.  I lost my Santa hat somewhere on this walk.  I think my umbrella knocked it off.



 Look closely.  You can see Layne and Lucy under their umbrellas.
 With Grandpa!
 This is a picture of the ice skating rink in the background.
 The carousel!

Sunday morning we went to church.  The kids loved it.  Lucy got into passing out bulletins.  She did it all by herself.  Layne loved the music and the tour of the huge church.  Lucy went to Sunday School for a while.  
After church it was the Davenport Hotel with the gingerbread house display and the beautiful decorations!
                            



 What are you saying?  Did you say I shouldn't touch the gingerbread houses?
 I didn't think you said that!  I guess touching isn't a problem.



 Love these pictures by the tree.  Unlike the tree at Riverpark Square this one was real.


 The caption for this photo is...Setting a Bad Example!
Caption for this picture is...Setting a Worse Example!
 Caption for this picture is... I Rest My Case!
 Eating some brunch.  Lucy is posing for her mom.  We went this picture to her.


One more time!  Merry Christmas Layne and Lucy.  We love you more than you can imagine!  You two are a precious gift to us.  We celebrate Christmas because God gave us the best gift imaginable on Christmas.  His son Jesus!  Now that is something to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment