Saturday, September 26, 2015

Happy Girls Trail Run 2015

My life started over three years ago.  It has been full of milestones the last 3 years, my first walk, my first 5K, my first 10K, my first half marathon, my first Christmas with my family, Thanksgiving, my first day back at work, at church and the list goes on.  Today is not as monumental as those but still a first for me.  I have a new knee joint and ventured out to do a trail run today in the beautiful landscape of Spokane.  I was a bit concerned.  I had not walked 3 miles and had only done 2 miles once.  
Of course my EAOD friends were there, Melanie, Bonnie, Michele and my second grade teaching partner Paulla!
 Bonnie and her family.
 It was a beautiful fall day.  Nothing better than the fall in Spokane (except winter in Spokane).
 Off we go and I for sure started slowly.
 Nothing better!

See that group up there?  I was determined to pass them or at least catch up to them.  I was warmed up and walking faster.
On the first big hill the group slowed down and split up and I did it.  I got past them.  Maybe not all of them but I accomplished my goal.  I was feeling good.


 Almost back!
 There it is, the finish line!
God has blessed me in so many ways the last three years.  I will add this to the list.  Even though the healing is not over and my knee is tight, swells, feels totally foreign and is sometimes painful I was able to walk 3.1 miles.  Here's to continuing to heal and to a God that loves me and takes such good care of me.  I am thankful!
 Paulla, one of my teaching partners.
 Free food, including bacon which was Freida's highlight, and drinks.
 Finishers!
 Sarah, Bonnie's daughter!


 Freida finishing the half marathon.
 And my close personal friend Aaron!

No comments:

Post a Comment