Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend 2016

I came home from work on Friday and cleaned, did laundry, changed sheets, vacuumed and more.  I wanted to get all my chores done so I could enjoy this Mother's Day weekend.  It started Saturday morning with Lucy and soccer!  Lucy is fast, very fast, has good ball sense and it competitive!  
 Go number 5!


 She is always around the ball and she can kick!!


 Goal!!!



 It's easier to find the ball if your eyes are open!
 Here we go! A fast break!
 And there it goes into the goal! One out of 5 goals she scored in the game.

 You cannot have this ball!!



I left Lucy's game at half time because I had a lunch date with Katie Renee!  She drove over from Seattle to hang out with friends and me!


 Some coffee and...
 delicious food and great conversation!  We did have a disagreement about skiing.
Katie is wrong.  I was talking about how it is nice to be able to turn both ways after my knee replacement.  I can use my right leg when I turn left, my downhill leg.  She said you use your left leg when you turn left.  NOPE!  She might but that is not what she should be doing.  We were standing up skiing on the patio.  The people there probably wondered what was up.
After lunch was softball.  The Mother's Day Tournament for Layne!  Batter up!





 This was called a strike.  Pretty sure it wasn't!  A little high!

 Nice stretch!
 Lucy is practicing her pitching moves with Katie who at one point did some pitching.


 Here it comes!
 There it goes!!
 First base is Layne's position most of the time!  She does great there!
 One last at bat!



 And she walked!
Saturday ended with a tough loss in the last inning but it was so fun to watch these girls play softball.  Tomorrow is another day and boy was it! Sunday started with a victory which meant I got to go to the next game.  I was at church during the first game!  What a game.  They did not come out on top but there were so many good plays.  The catcher throwing out a stealer on second base twice.  Lots of great catches and plays at first for Layne.  She smashed a ball into right field.  Unfortunately, it was a catch but it was way out there!  The highlight play was Layne catching a pop up at first, the runner on 3rd took off then started back but the third baseman wasn't at the base.  Brook our shortstop noticed it and she headed to third base.  Layne saw it and threw the ball.  Brook swooped it up on the run and ran right over 3rd base.  Double play!  Great softball!
I have to say this was a great Mother's Day weekend.  Spending time with my family, hearing from all my girls, watching Layne play softball.  Perfect! It's Good to be Alive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment