Sunday, July 10, 2016

Valley Girl Triathlon July 2016

And so it begins.  Done with vacation and now the first triathlon for me in almost 2 years.  We called our team Elite Athletes Only Different.  What else would we call our team! 
 How's this for a group of women?  Blessed to be their friend.  3 Peas in a Pod Growing in the Garden of Life! Awesome Trish!
 Sunday morning 5:30 AM and I am on the road! I forgot about how early these things start.
 We met in Liberty Lake and took one car down to the triathlon.
 Swimmer and runner ready to go!
 Add in the biker and we are all ready!
 Ok, this was a disappointment.  No really it was!  I wanted a picture with all our ages on our legs.  They would not do it.  We talked about borrowing a marker and doing it ourselves.  They were not in the spirit of fun we were in.  Sad face!
 It was a chilly morning and swimming didn't look that fun.  Those orange things are a long way out.
 It worked if you look closely Trish!
 You can see your shoe print.  Don't ask me why we did this.  Fun stuff!
 Getting closer to lift off or swim off!
 These guys better be ready when the swimming begins.
 Kayaks are ready!
 So are the paddle boards.


 The professional photographer took our picture.  I asked if we could get the picture and he said it will be on the website.  So I can steal it off the website?  I don't think he liked that answer so I asked him to take our picture.

 Warm up time for Sheila.



 Here go the waves of swimmers! Youngest to oldest!





 This is the age group I would have started with.  Teams started last.

 There goes Sheila.  She had a great swim.  She said she was like a lawn mower chopping up all the plants in the lake, or weeds.

 Time for the bike!



 Tag! Your turn Trish!  Run, run, run!
 Don't forget the timer on the ankle!

 Off she goes!
 And here she comes to the finish line.




Done!
We finished the Valley Girl Triathlon in style.  We all felt good about our leg of the race.  This was a great idea Trish and I like your idea of a tradition.  
 I told you we would win!  Here is the winner!
We stayed in the park and had our traditional food.  Tiny but free, a piece of pizza and some salad.  

 These two got a massage!  I passed for some unknown reason.
 Coffee right in the park.  Let's get some and head out to the car!
 We had a memorable day!  I am so grateful to have such good friends that will hang out with me and do things like triathlons.  Until next year.  Right now I have to go clean the coffee off my sandals.  Yes, I spilled the whole cup at the car.  Sheila shared some of hers with me.  See, good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment