Saturday, September 24, 2016

Happy Girl Trail Run Sept 2016

Lets just start with the finish! We all made it! Half marathon, 10K and 5K.  Trail runs are way different from road races.  There are obstacles like rock (lots of them), trees and even horses this year.  It's challenging which makes it really fun! The fall scenery was amazing as always! I love Spokane! I said I wanted to do the 1/2 marathon next year.  As I was doing the 10K I reconsidered.  I think I will stick with the 10K unless I change my mind.  Here we are! Looking pretty good for just finishing a hard trail run!  
They did it! So proud of these two ladies!  They picked a really tough half marathon to do and they finished it!  I know my 10K was challenging, especially the last hill at the end of the course.  Can't imagine doing that hill at 12 miles!
Now the before pictures!

This is my close personal friend Aaron!  I see him once a year! He is the Happy Girl Run.  I have done three Happy Girl Runs and it is now a tradition that we have to keep up, taking our picture together.  Picture number 3! The first year I probably talked his ear off and then I asked him if we could take our picture together.  So it began!
 Half marathoners!
 Freida and we have three 1/2 marathoners!

It was cloudy and a bit cool to start the day but it turned out to be a perfect fall day.  Los of activity and fun!

 Freida is off and running!
 So is Wendy and her friend!  Waving and blowing kisses!
Nothing better than family!
 The knee replacement club right here!!!!  Bonnie has two new knees and I have one new knee!
 Off we go!


You just can't beat this scenery! The Spokane River and the leaves are just starting to turn beautiful fall colors.
 I had to be careful taking pictures because of these things.  Lots of them.


 Stay on the trail so you don't tumble down to the river!

 We went around this tree not over it!
 Yep!
 And here they are! Horses!  There was some sort of get together for riders in the same area.  You had to be careful where you stepped and not just because of the rocks and the skinny trails.

 Lots of hills!  They look so innocent don't they.  For the most part they were short and steep.  Lots of them.
 Things were opening up a bit.
 I had my sites on this set of women.  Yes, I passed them and about  3 other groups.
 Here we go again but not rocks! Up and Up!
 I was on the home stretch here!  Just finished the longest hill.
 Heading to the finish line.  With my knee I can actually run but I am not supposed to.  Gotta keep that joint for the rest of my life.  I did a little bit of jogging on the trail but not much.  I did run across that finish line with zero pain.  I love it!

 I always think about my ruptured brain aneurysm when I cross finish lines.  I am so grateful for the miracle I received and that I can hang out with my friends and do these events.  I will never take it for granted.  Never!  God is great!
 Well, here is a finish picture at the end where it is supposed to be! Frieda looking good after 13.1 miles.
 She is even smiling!  It was a great day with great friends.  It's Good to be Alive!



No comments:

Post a Comment