Thursday, October 26, 2017

Denver Rock and Roll Race Number One

Off we go! A Saturday 5K in Denver, Colorado.  My favorite part of this picture is Mark's tights.  We all had them on so he put some tights on.  I am not sure why he had them.  


We didn't start the race until 9 AM!  Beautiful day in the morning. Not so much in the afternoon.
We found Kat and Freida!
This is called the pancake apparently!  How does one do this?
Not just one but two!


Ok, time to get serious!
Well, Easton looks serious!

This was a rock and roll race.  Bands lined the streets, sort of.



We had our moment!
And we are finished.  I am getting back in shape from my last surgery.  I was happy with my time and pace.  I do believe Keri pushed me some.  Ryland got 2nd in his age group.  Easton got 4th.  They were in the same age group. Oh, what fun to do a race with family and friends!
This was the big band at the end of the race in the park.

Well, there is a story here.  This is a dust pan and broom.  Ryland has to clean up after himself after eating.  He gets things all over the floor consistently.  This would be a great tool for him.
Football and soccer time.  Easton!  That is all I have to say, just Easton.
Ryland, number 10, had a great game.  3 out of the 4 goals were scored by no other than Ryland!
This is where the weather turned.  Still sunny but really windy.  The temperature continued to drop throughout the day. BRRR!





This was one of his goals!
Got it in and off he goes!
Football.  Telling the truth here.  It was hard to watch these little boys playing tackle football.  Easton was a star for sure.
Number 13!


Ryland got a hold of my camera!  


Here he comes!
A boy and his coach!


Whew, all done!
Saturday night was a class at Keri's business Board and Brush.  It was so much fun.  I am so proud of Keri and Mark.  This was a huge undertaking and it is fabulous!



I think I have this in the right order.  Sand, stain, put the board together, peel the stencil apart, place the stencil on the board, paint the letters on the stencil, distress and wax.  It was a lot of fun work and I needed a decent amount of help.
Bonnie sanding.
Keri at work.  She is a great leader!
Rubber gloves for stain.
Work, work, work!

Drilling the boards together!
Tada! The final product.   Wow was this a blast.  I can't wait to do it again.
Thanks Keri for a wonderful night!  Bonnie and I loved it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment