Friday, December 6, 2019

A Zion Spokane Church Thanksgiving

Well, this was a fun way to spend some time on Thanksgiving.  A few of us gathered at Zion Spokane to cook Thanksgiving dinner for others.  We arrived about 11 AM and the turkeys were in the ovens cooking.  Mike cooked sweet potatoes and I cooked a bunch of cookies for decorating.  I think the cookies might have been for eating and decorating.  I had my fair share.  Charlie and Carolina were the master minds behind all of this.  Carolina is in the middle.  Talena on the right. I know some of the group came early in the morning and stayed into the early evening.  They worked hard. 

Kasey with such a happy smile!!!
 Susie had something brewing on the stove.  I know she brought pies too.
 I needed some help getting a selfie with Kasey.  Kasey did it.
 Jeremy posing for the camera.

 Some of the cookies were over frosted but I am sure they tasted yummy.
Charlie and Dan.  Too much posing for pictures.  I like the pictures that are secretly taken.  They were on to me.
 Dan and Jeremy
 Monopoly was played.  Not sure who won.  It takes forever to play Monopoly.


A full turkey dinner was served at the church and also delivered outside of the church.  We left about this time.  Many people put in a lot of hard work cooking for others this Thanksgiving.  They spent a lot of hours lending a helping hand.  Thanks to Charlies and Carolina for getting the ball rolling.  We had a great time fellowshipping with everyone. This is what it is all about.  Letting God's light shine through each of us and going out and serving the community.   Although we only spent a few hours at church we felt privileged to be apart of this.  It was one of the best Thanksgiving Day celebrations I have ever had.


No comments:

Post a Comment