Friday, January 17, 2020

Snowshoeing for New Year's Day.

New Year's Day fun on Mt. Spokane, we even got a pin.  My thoughts on this group hike were that the experts running it would give some beginner tips on how to handle snowshoes because it was a beginner hike. That didn't happen but the two running it were very helpful in other ways.  The word beginner when we signed up just meant that it was an easy trail.  
We got to Mt. Spokane way early because of me.  I thought the roads might be bad but they weren't.  We pulled into the parking lot and no one was there.  Are we in the wrong place? Nope, just early.  It was raining a little. It did not rain while were were snowshoeing.  It was another beautiful winter day in Spokane.  
I think there may have been 20 plus people in this group.  It was fun to meet new friends.
Peggy and Marianne!
Off we go.  I love being outside in the winter.

There they are, Marianne and Peggy!
Mike and I did this trail last year. I had forgotten that it was a gradual uphill for over a mile.  When Mike and I went we stopped to take pictures, rested, talked.  In a group it was hard to do that.  Gotta keep up.  Made things just a tad more challenging but it was a great workout.
Once in awhile there was a stop.  There were two distinct groups.  Group one was a bit faster.  We were in the group two.  We kept a good pace.
Marianne.  We didn't get any rain on the trail but the snow was definitely melting.  Peggy was blessed with some of the snow falling off the trees.
We made it to the cabin (this is not the cabin) and then headed back down the trail.  It was a challenging snowshoe trail with very little resting but now the downhill.  We decided to take off on our own and not wait for the second group leaving.  Fun.
Peggy,  I love her spunk!
Mariane was tearing it up.
So glad I have buddies that are willing to walk out the door in the winter and hang out with me! A perfect way to bring in 2020!
Turkey sightings on the way home.  We didn't see any other wild animals which was a good thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment