Monday, July 19, 2021

Cindy's Silver Valley Ride to Defeat ALS 2021

Team Gleason decided to do the ALS fundraiser bike ride at the normal location.  The ride was virtual again this year but I am sure next year we will get the full experience.  We did our best to recreate the experience.  We started at the trailhead in Kingston, Idaho across from the Snake Pit restaurant.  Peggy and Bonnie did their speed walking and Sheila and I biked the Trail of the Coeur d Alene's.  


Sheila could have had me hold her bike or she could have used the asphalt path to the restroom but NO!  She hauled her bike up the stairs.  
And there they go, the speed walkers!  They saw a bald eagle on their walk!  We did not see the bald eagle riding bikes. 

This trail is so beautiful.  



No diving or jumping off the bridge.  That was not a temptation at all.  
I was riding my bike when I took this picture and didn't know if I would capture the fishermen.  I did. I am getting pretty good at taking pictures while moving.  HA. 
We went across the road to explore the other side of the trail.  It started out looking great. 
We discovered that this was some sort of a quarry that created lots of dust.  We turned around. 

We finished our ride and walk and headed to the Snake Pit.  The Snake Pit usually provides an outdoor BBQ after the ride.  Trying to make the experience as close as possible to the real deal meant we had to eat at the Snake Pit.  Of course we did!

See that grilled cheese sandwich?  It was the best grilled cheese I have ever eaten.  That says a lot because I have eaten a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches.  
I appreciate these ladies and their continued support of my ALS fundraising efforts and of me in general.  Good friends, good food, good exercise for a good cause.  Thank you for joining me and being such good friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment