Saturday, April 8, 2023

Sunshine and Snow with Mike March 2023

Disappointment turned into happiness.  I was suppose to go snowshoeing with some friends and all of them changed their minds the night before we were supposed to go.  I was super sad because after surgery snowshoeing was really the only thing I could do in the snow.  Mike jumped right in and said he would go with me.  We did go a different day and look what we got.  Sunshine and snow.  




We didn't need snowshoes.  The trail was really packed down.  
Expect the unexpected when you take pictures into the sun. 

Lots of colors that we don't see but the camera caught some of them. I bet there are more. 
Uphill, uphill!  





There was a moose on the trail.  I had read about a moose being in the area and that hikers and snowshoers should be aware.  The moose was there but thankfully we only saw the prints.  

Deep moose tracks. You really can't see how deep or big the tracks were.  



Almost to our turn around. So glorious! Couldn't have been a better day. 



Someone built a snow cave at the cabin. 

Untouched snow, so pure! 
I decided to built a tiny snowman.  Interesting looking.  Looks like there are two heads. 
Mike decided to give it a try.  He put in a lot more effort than I did. 
Hard at work!


And the additional effort shows.  I hope someone enjoys our little snowmen.  So so much fun on this day hiking in the winter wonderland that God created for us to enjoy.  Thanks Mike for getting me our of the house.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment