Monday, July 3, 2023

70th Birthday Celebration, It's Good to be Alive

Oh, what a memorable weekend.  Friday was our 23rd wedding anniversary, Saturday was my 70th birthday celebration and Sunday was the 11th anniversary of the ruptured aneurysm I survived.  So much to be thankful for and God would not let me forget any of it. He displayed a rainbow on our grass Saturday morning.  Amazing.  Mike was watering the lawn and look what appeared.  This was a first for sure.  
Let the preparations begin!  Mike had this great sign made so everyone would know exactly how old I am.  HAHA!  Not a problem for me. It's Good to be Alive! I always think the birthdays that end in zero should be celebrated in a big way.  Mike did a lot of preparation for this party. 
Corn hole is ready to go!

Getting the chairs set up and ready for the guests!

I made 4 angel food cakes.  My favorite, angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. It's OK that I cooked them.  I wanted to and sort of insisted.  They are easy to make.  Mike did all the cooking for the party and that was a lot more effort.  He cooked a lot of barbecued chicken! Wings and drumsticks. 
The guest started arriving around 2 PM.  Friends for church, teacher friends, neighbors and friends with other connections.  I am not naming everyone in the pictures.  It would take a long time. 


Marcus, Jimmy and Lindsay.  
Michelle and Sheila. 
Tom, Don and David.
27 people came to have some food, fellowship and fun.  This was so much fun for me.  Hopefully, it was for others too.  We talked, played corn hole, ate Mike's barbecued chicken and visited with each other.  
I got to get caught up with friends I hadn't seen in awhile.  
Tom, Eldon, Rick and Mary.
Murphy joined the party. No people food for Murphy.  It's a rule.  That dog can't handle people food.  


Teachers! Sandy, Kat, Michelle, Sheila and me. Oh, and Murphy! 
Not everyone knew each other but they all managed to talk with each other.  Maybe they made some new friends.  



Neighbors, Susie, Reid and Debbie
The Mikes.  All three of them.  
It worked! We got a group picture. 


I was waiting for this.  Mike's garden.  It is such a great garden and it is definitely something that requires attention from people.
Mike puts in a lot of work into his garden and it is a blessing to have fresh vegetables all summer. 


Sheila left and then came back with two of her grandchildren.  Josie wanted some birthday cake. 
Boys will be boys. Pretend fighting.  
Mike got ahold of Sheila's grandson right away.  
After awhile he was transferred to another Mike.  
I am so thankful for all the effort Mike put into making my 70th birthday celebration a great one. It was really a great celebration.  I had so much fun.  Thank you Mike and thank you to all who came to celebrate with me. I appreciate you all.  I can't wait until I turn 80.  Gotta love those zero birthdays.  

No comments:

Post a Comment