Monday, April 1, 2013

10 Mile Walk with My EAOD Buddies

What a splendid day on the trail!  10 miles with friends and great weather.  Bonnie, Jackie, and Freida with the iron ladies pose.                                                                 
I look like I am going to smack someone in this picture.  Nice look!  Lesley, Bonnie, and Jackie
Success!  10 miles completed!  None of us had any issues with the distance.  About 7 miles into the walk I mentioned that my heel felt like it was developing a blister.  Just got worse and worse and the last mile was not fun at all.  Both heels hurt!  We stopped and got coffee and I took my shoes off to check things out.
No wonder my heels hurt.  I lost a lot of my calluses after my aneurysm from the skin on my feet peeling.  When I showed the doctors they said, "HMMM that's weird."  Technical medical term, weird.  Today was a warmer day and my tender feet apparently didn't like the heat from the asphalt and the constant rubbing.  I did 9 miles last week and no problems but it was a much cooler day.  No, it isn't my socks or shoes.  I have worn the same type of socks and shoes for years.

Never a dull moment!  Fortunately, I have strong calves so I can walk on my tip toes!  Won't be walking using my heals for a few days or weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment