Saturday, October 5, 2013

It's Good To Be Alive, Jason Gray

What a special night for me.  Not because I got to meet someone famous and get an autograph.  Nope!  I got to say thank you to a man who wrote a song that I try to live!  I still remember the first time I heard, IT'S GOOD TO BE ALIVE.  Tears of joy ran down my face.  It wasn't long after I had my ruptured brain aneurysm.  How do I say thank you to God for a miracle.  A miracle that allows me to experience life with my husband, to see my family grow.  To see my children become wonderful parents and grow into the fabulous adults they are!  Grandchildren!  They will know me not as a memory but as a living breathing grandma!  Hopefully, I will know my great grandchildren too!  I get to ski! Not only did I live but am able to walk, talk, sing, laugh!  I can still do all the athletic events I do with my Elite Athletes Only Different friends.  I am totally back and more.  This song was it.  This is how you say thank you!  It is a life well lived and not taking a minute for granted!

So this is how it happened.  Better than expected.  I bought VIP tickets for the Steven Curtis Chapman concert so I could say thank you to Jason Gray.  Jason Gray wasn't at the VIP session.  No offense Steven but I bought the ticket to the VIP to talk to Jason Gray.  I just thought, no this isn't happening!  He is right in the other room.  I asked the gentleman that introduced the VIP session if Jason Gray would come to the VIP and he said probably not but he might sign autographs afterwards.  Not good enough for me.  I told him a brief version of my story and told him I really wanted to just say thank you.  He told me to talk to the people that come in with Steven Curtis Chapman.  If you know me you know I have no fear about talking to anyone these days.  So I did talk to Will. I told him why I wanted to talk to Jason Gray.  He said, "I will see what I can do."  He returned and gave me a positive head nod.  After the VIP he took me to this nice patio area and guess who was there!  Yep.  One on one.  No VIP crowd.  I got to tell Jason about my aneurysm, how I first heard the song and how perfect it was for my life now.  He put his hand on his heart and said thank you to me for sharing and that it blessed him.  We took a couple of pictures (no autograph) and I asked him as I was walking away if he was going to sing, IT'S GOOD TO BE ALIVE.  He flung his arms out and moved them around in a silly way, along with the rest of his body!  He said, "Maybe!" with a big smile on his face.  It was the first song in his set!  It is GOOD TO BE ALIVE!  Not just for me but for all of us!

Thank you to Jason Gray for taking the time to meet with me before the concert and thank you to Will for making it happen!

I recorded part of IT'S GOOD TO BE ALIVE with my little point and shoot camera and it turned out pretty good.  Click and listen!

 Click to hear It's Good to Be Alive at the Concert

Steven Curtis Chapman!  Talent all around that night!









Laura Story!  She has such a beautiful voice.  A gift from God for sure!




You can't tell me God didn't have his hand in this meeting!  He did and I thank Him for it! Almight powerful God that can move mountains can surely arrange a meeting like this!  IT'S GOOD TO BE ALIVE! IT'S A MIRACLE THAT I AM ALIVE! Thank you God and I will do my best to have a life well lived!

No comments:

Post a Comment