Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas Texas Style

Shout out to Keri Doolittle for the pictures she shared.  Thanks Keri!

And the stockings were hung from the chimney with care in hopes...

Here we go!
Love the face!!!!

Dad showing Easton how to use his new bow and arrow!

Oh, before we started, Keri had us each go into our rooms and look for a crown or a tiara!  Each had an envelope attached to them.  Guess what was in the envelope?  Tickets to the Medieval Dinner and jousting match!  Fun way to receive a gift!
Lots of happy faces!




So I played a little joke on Katie.  I purchased an ornament like this for Katie in 2011.  I got her another one in 2012.  She nicely told me that I had purchased one for her the year before.  I didn't remember at all.  Well, this year I decided to get another one and pretend that I didn't remember again.  Look at how nice she was when she got it out of her sock.  Big smile and said nothing.  Just thank you!  I waited for an hour or so before I told her that I did remember that I got her these for the last two years!
Princess Katie!


A gift from the Doolittles!  Love it and it is hanging in our house now!

Two wonderful gifts.  It's Good to Be Alive lyrics and picture with Jason Gray.  Ryland got Katie a cross.

Now they are golf ready!
From the Lathrops!  MONEY!

Spy kit!  Love the shades Easton!



Some of us were more skilled at this game.  We put this on our heads and tried to throw the balls in the basket ourselves.  I could not get one ball in and everyone else was able to do it.  Not sure why!
Here come the magic tricks!  Ryland got a magic set!
We all had to close our eyes!



Mark is behind this blowing up the punching bag!
 Mark tried his hand at some magic.
Time for some snacks!



Not sure what this is all about!
Ryland wanted this puzzle!  890 pieces, 3D puzzle of Big Ben!  We had to take out a bunch of pieces with red dots on them that were not part of the puzzle.  Why they weren't taken out before they packaged the puzzle I have no idea.  We filled a gallon size plastic bag with red dot puzzle pieces.  Ryland lost interest after the red dot removal.  This puzzle is a story!
Presents gone wrong?  The battery for one scooter didn't come until after Christmas.   So testing out the other one!
Mark did good, I just about crashed.
So did Ryland!  Mark was right there to save him.  They were a little big for these guys.  Next year they can ride them!
Spider man crawls up the walls.

Ham for dinner and poppers.  We each got a hat, small gift, and a sheet with jokes and trivia on them. We shared our jokes and Easton could pop up with an answer instantly as we were pondering what the punch line might be.  He was even right once.  So funny to hear what he came up with!  It was a really nice day full of family and fun!  


No comments:

Post a Comment