Tuesday, August 5, 2014

2nd Annual Team Gleason Chewelah Peak Trail Run August 2014

Up early packing the car for the Team Gleason Chewelah Peak Trail Run, no power at our house and hoping for the best on Chewelah Peak.  Patti Kaminski, my sister, was a great help with everything this year.  So nice to have her here to help and for her to experience the fun!  
There was power at 49 Degrees North!  Great.  Time to get set up.  Eric didn't intend to be in this picture but that is just the way it is with camera happy Jackie.
 Getting the BBQ ready to go.
 Packet pick up was at the mountain.  Love the shirts this year!!!
Patti asked me if I went to the top of this mountain when I go skiing.  Yes, of course.  No way,  she said.  Patti also said she pictured flat trails when thinking about this event not a ski mountain.  Awesome Ain't Easy! No White Flags!
The staple gun Dominic has in his hand played an interesting role in my day.  You will learn about why later.

 Patti taking charge at packet pick up!
 Getting the finish chute ready!

 The shirt will dry Dominic!  It's just water!  Cheer up!

 Pint glasses for sale this year!
 More runners are arriving! I was so excited to see all the people arriving!  Thank you, thank you!

 Raffle items ready to go!
 Bonnie and Sarah joined the festivities this year.  Mother and daughter.  Both beautiful women!
This hanger has a story behind it.  Since Frank didn't like the hanger we had for the Drew Brees jersey last year we made it even more special this year.  Wait until next year Frank.  We have a plan!
 This year was truly a family event.  Lots of kids came with their parents.

 The kids and the family dog!



 Frank the hanger guy is on the right!  Next year Frank, next year!
 Lots of mingling and talking about the trail this year.









 Team Gleason shirts anyone?
Representatives from the ALS Evergreen Chapter were at the event to answer questions and explain their organization.

 Family fun everywhere you looked.  Tickles with dad!
Time for instructions.  Watch for bears, follow the signs, stop if you want to pick huckleberries, and what goes up must come down.  Right?
 See all the young kids that came!  So fun having them all at the trail run this year.
 Dominic giving race instructions.


OK, the staple gun incident.  Dom was putting up the No White Flags banner with a huge ladder.  I think it was about 100 feet tall.  Ladder will be shown later.  He left and said he would be back to hang the other sign.  His version is he said he would be back to move the ladder.  Sometimes I don't listen.  I wanted a picture of the sign hanging so I thought I would move the ladder so I could take it with no ladder in it.  Patience Jackie!  This one cost me.  I moved the ladder.  Crash, something hit my head hard.  I had no idea what it was! The staple gun was on the very top step of the ladder.  Ouch! I got some ice and put it in a plastic grocery bag and stuck it on my head with my hat over it.  I had it there for about an hour and took it off and there was blood on the bag.  Lots of it.  I had no idea it was bleeding.  It hurt for sure but I was fine.  The medical guys asked me over and over if I was dizzy, had blurred vision etc.  Fine, I was fine, just sore! Gave me something to bug Dominic with the rest of the day.  Who does that?  Leaves a staple gun on the top of a ladder.
The culprit

Best selfie ever! I washed all that blood out in the restroom.  Or most of it.  No stitches!  It stopped bleeding.  The medical guys said the head has lots of blood vessels.  Yes, it does!

 Really, don't you wish you would have come to this.  Family fun!
 Patti was a huge help.
 I missed the start of the half marathon.  Here is the start of the 3.5 mile run!





 Can you see the people way back there climbing the hill?

 Sisters!
 Some finishers.

Picnic tables with umbrellas and board games.  All we need now is some music.  Oh wait, there was music.
 And beer!

 I am sorry I don't remember this gentleman's name.  He was sooooo good.  Loved the music!
 After run munchies!

 Bonnie and Sarah finishing the 3.5 mile run! Love these ladies! EAOD members!


 No White Flags for sure!
These people road their motorcycles up to the event just to be part of it.  We had a conversation about tattoos and motorcycles.  They didn't do the run but came for the great good, great music and to support Team Gleason.  They bought some raffle tickets.  Thanks to you all!
 What a team!
 EAOD was supported at the Team Gleason Chewelah Peak Trail Run.  Thanks Bonnie and Sarah!
 I met this lady online and she came and said HI to me.  Rose.  She works at 49!  

 BBQ chicken sandwiches were so delicious. Really they were great!
 Family time after the race.

 Zip Lining Buddies, Patti and Bonnie!
 Cuteness all around!
 And there it is!  The ladder!
 I think this thing hit sort of flat on my head toward the back not as pictured.
 Eric and Dominic.  Probably talking about next year already!
 Team Severino!
 Some of the age group winners!


 New Drew Brees jersey!  Congratulations!
These three people get the NO White Flags Award and the Awesome Ain't Easy Award.  They were the last three to finish the half marathon.  It was really, really hot and things were winding up.  This is what Team Gleason's No White Flags is all about.  Crossing the line no matter what!  It really brought tears to my eyes seeing their persistence!  



 The Flightless Bird members Dana and Danny.  So nice and they stayed for a long time to just enjoy the atmosphere.  Thanks you two!  It was a pleasure meeting you and visiting with you!
 The Team!
One more picture, this time I needed my picture taken with D and D! What a great time.  My sister and I said we need to add Family Festival to the name of this event.  It truly was a great family event. I know it will grow again next year.  Thanks to everyone for their support and don't miss it next year.
The winner of this picture came to our house to pick it up.  Do you think she loved this picture?  I do!  It couldn't have gone to a better person.  Her name is NOLA, just like New Orleans, LA.  Perfect!

 She was speechless!
 Congratulations to Nola!

No comments:

Post a Comment