Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Bloomsday 2015


Playing with my timer on my camera.  Not bad!  Sort of a fake smile.  I had several blurry ones first.  Off I go! Bloomsday number 34!  It's Good to be Alive!
Cars everywhere!  This is one of many parking lots.  The neat thing is, it is never busy getting in or out of the area where Bloomsday takes place!
Tears, the helicopter!!!  Makes me feel so grateful that I am here another year!  It will never get old! The helicopter sends us off every year!
Walking through Riverfront Park to get to the many starting lines!
So beautiful.  Spokane!!!!

Here is part of the crew!
Michele, Jackie, Sheila
And two more!  Missing Katie and Patti this year!  Next year ladies!
We found Mariane and her daughter.  Amazing when you see people that you know in a crowd of over 45,000!
Jess, Tori, Michele, Jackie, Sheila, Mariane
I like these new blow up people that tell you where to go!  Well, that don't actually tell you they just point.  You need direction when there are so many people. 
Photo bomb by thousands of people.  Love the rabbit ears right behind them!
Ready, set and go!

Food and drink for Tori and Jessica!  I never thought of that!


Almost over the line!

Always a cheering section at the church!
Cuteness!
We don't see as many costumes as we used to at Bloomsday.  This is an interesting one.
Climb number one!
My friends are waving to me!  I tend to go up a hill a bit faster so I get to turn around and take photographs.  Downhill is a different story! Ouch!

Now here is a costume.  A cow in a tutu!
None of us needed the services of this vehicle!
Look toward the top/middle of the picture.  Those people are climbing the long 1 mile hill!!  Almost one mile. Doomsday Hill!

Little line of ants?  Nope...people!
With the Spokane River right below!
It looks so innocent in this picture.  It isn't!
If this man can do it so can I.  Pretty cool to see him making his way up Doomsday Hill!
I am done!  Now to find Sheila who wasn't far behind.  She always passes me on the downhill.
We lost the rest of the group somehow.  In the bottom left corner you can see the Bloomies starting to climb that hill.
This is the view from the top of Doomsday Hill looking out over the runners that still need to climb the hill! On the bridge...see them?
I had no idea who this family was.  I just wanted a picture of the vulture and I was not going to stop and wait to get it.
A few bands along the way.
Here we are.  Rocky starts playing and the tears seep out.  This has always been a special event for me.  Even more now that I am still able to do it.  I didn't even miss one when I was sick!

It was so wonderful seeing all the people in the park, hanging out, eating, listening to music!  It was a perfect day for Bloomsday.
One of my favorites.




Finishers!  Yahooooo


Patti we had an ice cream in honor of you!
Next year we want to do this after Bloomsday.  Weather permitting of course. Tailgate!
We ended up at Twigs which is definitely a step up from how we usually celebrate post race.  So good!

Much better food than the Rocket Bakery!




And so it ends.  Another Bloomsday in the books.  Another celebration of life!  Another day to thank God for how he has blessed me.  Another day for me to say God is Great and I give Him all the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment