Sunday, November 6, 2016

The Ultimate Alternate Route-Sugar Rush 2016

I didn't bring my camera.  I don't need to take pictures all the time but as soon as we got going the camera on my phone came out.  I couldn't help myself.

The Sugar Rush 2016 and we did it our way.  I didn't feel like picking up my packet on Friday so I didn't.  I don't care about being timed and I wasn't going to eat the chocolate after the run.  No point to driving to get my packet.  Sheila didn't register but she was walking the course anyway (she does that and I think she is smarter than the rest of us).  We parked at our usual spot at Gonzaga University.  Not many cars there! Oh, yeah the start and finish was in a different place this year.  Close but not the same.  HMMMM! Should we try and find parking or just do the course from where we parked.  As you notice many people were coming toward us.  We decided to start where we started last year and we were going against the flow of runners who started where they were supposed to start.  
 A beautiful fall day in Spokane.

 One benefit of going the opposite direction was we got to see our friends.
 Bonnie!

 We all know the Bloomsday runners in Riverfront Park don't we?
 AHHHH!
 We think we found the actual starting line.  These people were just leaving.  We also didn't start when we were supposed to by the way.

 Here it is! That start line and the finish line.  Freida was just finishing.  We were about 1/2 way done.
 We found our fellow teachers who had not started yet.
 There was more to document.  No camera, just my phone.  I like camera pictures better.  Sheila and I went to Starbucks.  Freida, Bonnie and Sarah joined Sheila and me there.  Then we went to the Jubilee sale at First Presbyterian Church and spent some money.  Gifts and stuff for ourselves.  Last but not least was a lunch stop at a new spot for me.  I think we were all avoiding going home to do all the things we needed to do at home.  Good friends, good fun, great weather, some exercise, a little shopping, coffee and some food.  Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment