Sunday, April 23, 2017

The Spring Dash 2017

Another Spring Dash in the record books.  Cloudy skies, some wind but no rain.  My goal was to survive 5 miles on my new ACL.  My farthest walk so far had been 4 miles.  Here we go!
True to our name, Elite Athletes Only Different, we started off with medications of various types.  My doctor told me to take Advil, three of them before I walked.  Done!  
 No ambulance rides this year!  We will never forget, Deanna!
 Nice day for a stroll along Lake Coeur d' Alene in Idaho!
 Aaron's girlfriend Alexis joined us!

 These ladies were very enthusiastic for the entire walk!  Cheering everyone on!  They were behind us and I sort of wanted them to stop cheering just for a few minutes.  You know what I mean?
 Here we go! Slow and steady.  Bonnie stayed with me thankfully.  Can't walk as fast as I did a year ago.  Next year I will be back full speed! God willing!
I didn't take the usual number of pictures.  I was concentrating on finishing the 5 miles without tripping over anything or twisting anything!   This is a beautiful walk!  We live in a beautiful place!  Love it!

The Creepy Statue.  This was a new statue to us this year. His eyes were red.  Why oh why?  He is scary! Keep your distance!
 Here they come!  The runners
 Love this picture of Freida for sure but the highlight of this picture is the man on the left with a nose strip on!  You never know what you will capture when you click to take a picture!
 The long and winding road!  Halfway!  At this point my quads felt weak and my knee a bit swollen.
 Over 1/2 way!
I think the biggest issue was my less than strong quads.  My knee got a bit more swollen than normal but it didn't hurt.  Takes forever to regain strength.  Well, maybe not forever.  Feels that way sometimes.
 Ah, the end!
 Mission accomplished!  5 miles done.  Off to grab a couple Girl Scout cookies.

I was pleasantly surprised!  Not much pain in my knee and just a bit more swelling than normal but nothing overwhelming.  I was pretty slow but I got it done.  I am getting there!  2 more weeks until Bloomsday.  I will be able to finish it!  As usual it was fun having our after event coffee and treats.  We never seem to run out of things to talk about that make us laugh and smile.  Love these friends!  I am a lucky one!  Next stop Bloomsday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment