Saturday, May 6, 2017

And So It Begins! Bloomsday #36 for Me

These streets will be filled with thousands of people tomorrow.  I am so excited!  Today it is the Bloomsday trade show and packet pick up with Sheila.  This year is a bit different.  I am recovering from knee surgery and my quads just aren't up to normal strength.  I will cross the finish line eventually.  

 I have never done this but I should sometime.  First Presbyterian Church only has one service on Bloomday Sunday, not two.
 And here we are!  The crowd was relatively small when we got there.  It is very well organized so everything moves quickly.  What will I purchase this year that I probably don't need?
 Made from donated material.  Clever!
 We tried to crash the elite runner sign in but it didn't work.
 Packets are in our hands and off Sheila and I go to look at every single booth.
 Sheila's first purchase! Tea!
 Seriously, I thought this dog was real at first.
 Sheila's second purchase!
 Look who we found, several times!
 I should probably mention I did buy a few things.  New shoes, a hat, socks and some energy treats for during Bloomsday.  Here I come ready or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment