Sunday, June 25, 2017

17th Anniversary Trip to Dodger Stadium! Game number one!

I was so anxious for this trip!  I could hardly stand it and here we are.  I have to say that we did have a lot of negative things happen.  The place we stayed was fine, this was our smoggy view. The host wasn't OK at all even though his reviews were great.  We were greeted with a drunk host and it got way worse from there. Fortunately were weren't there much.  No details to come.  I want to focus on the positive.
 We could see Dodger Stadium from our room.

 I don't miss this at all!
Or this! It is stressful trying to navigate and be in this traffic.  
 We came in on Wednesday PM.  Thursday morning we headed to the Santa Monica beach.
 I do miss this!
 We headed down the pier to see what we could find.  Lots of shops and restaurants!


 This really is the end of Route 66.

 I had to go get my feet in the Pacific Ocean.  We didn't bring our swimsuits.  What were we thinking?  We had them, they were back at our room.
 Such a flashback to my high school/college days.








 Fruit for sale.  It was great!


 There it is! The Pacific Ocean!




 Time to stick the feet in!


Mike wanted a pier burger so out of the water and time for lunch!  He heard they were good from Dallas.  So here we go!





 Here is our visitor!
 It was crowded so I found a table and Mike ordered.

 The burgers were good.  Mike thought they were great!

Leaving Santa Monica and there were some acrobats.  I wanted to take pictures.  They kept saying, "What time is it?" and "It's time to get started." They said that for about 10 minutes and we finally left for our first Dodger game. As we looked back they still hadn't started.  Maybe they were faking it.
 There it is!!!  There it is!!! We have arrived!
 All so familiar even though I haven't been here for 18 years!  Might have something to do with watching the Dodgers on an almost daily basis on TV.  I was so excited I was a bit teary eyed.

 This is my first in line picture.  We were there before they even let us in the parking lot.  My idea of course.

 I am so ready and so excited.
 Ahhhh!  Dodger Stadium in real life.  We had great seats.  As you can see not everyone has to be there 2 hours before the game.  The Dodgers did not take batting practice and after talking to some of the workers it is very, very difficult to get autographs.  We weren't able to get right down on the field level even 2 hours early.

 They taste different than regular hot dogs.  They really do!

 First Dodger dog in the books or almost eaten!



 Stretching time for the Dodgers!
 Justin Turner and some Mets guy.

 This might be the only picture I took of the Mets!  My focus was elsewhere.
 We sang the National Anthem!



 It's Time for Dodger Baseball!  I could hardly contain myself.  I was finally at a game in Dodger Stadium.  I took a lot of pictures of the team for me.  There are some homers that I tried to catch on camera.
 Chris Taylor
 Justin Turner


 Cody Bellinger


 Puig
 Ryu pitching!
 Bellinger played first base.
 Guitierrez at bat



 Chris Taylor gets on base.
 Swing and
 a home run!

 All the way around the bases.
 Bellinger hits a double and

 Hernandez hits
 a home run!  So fun to watch!



 A game of cat and mouse!  Will he run?


 Time for a conference with the pitcher.


 Joc Peterson is playing in the field now.



 Another conference but this time we get a new pitcher.

 Baez!



  Well, I am not sure if this is exhaustion or too many beers.  Mike thought it was beers.
  Joc comes up to bat and slammed it.

 Home run!




 Cory Seager!

 And now for the big gun!

 Best reliever in the major league.  He has not walked a batter yet.

 Kenley Jansen



We finished up the game and headed back to our room just a short distance away.  So fun to watch the Dodgers hit.  They are so strong and good.  Love the homers.  We have another game tomorrow on our anniversary!  Go Dodgers!

No comments:

Post a Comment