Saturday, June 3, 2017

On Our Way to Bolder Boulder

Off we go!  Part of the Elite Athletes Only Different Group!  Flying to Denver to meet the Doolittles and to participate in the Bolder Boulder 10K and watch a Rockies baseball game!  Kat and I had pre-check and it was pretty early in the morning.  No Bonnie, no Freida.  Rest time.  Turns out that Freida had to have the pat down.  Hehe!
EWU Eagles!  
 Oh, look! They do serve alcohol early in the morning.  Yippee!
 We have arrived.  Freida had some deal with her husband about taking pictures at statues.  Done!
Turns out while we were waiting for Keri we were on the wrong level.  A very nice man let us know that.  
Checked into the hotel and got some food!
The silverware was magnetic.  It was fun to play with them.  I am easily entertained.  I could move the fork and the knife came with it.  Any ideas why silverware would be magnetic?
It was a chilly day and we got a little wet so the fireplace in the hotel was a welcome site.  Just had to make sure Kat stayed away from the glass!
 We decided to go see the Coors Brewery.  When we got there we found out there was a 2 1/2 hour wait to take the tour.  Not happening!
 Bye Golden!  We are headed back to Denver to wait for the baseball game.
 Rolling bars!
 At the stadium to see the Rockies.  The weather was a bit iffy.


We had some time to burn so we found a place to land for awhile.  It was jersey night at the game and the mission was to be in line soon enough to get a jersey.


 Really?
 Yep!

 Off to the game!
Mark, Ryland and Easton joined us for the baseball game. 
 We all got our jerseys!
 This is Freida's friend, Debra.
 43 MPH was his tops.  Easton!
 Intensity!

 I am not sure what Ryland's top speed was.  I did see a 43 MPH!


 Free stuff everywhere!!!

 AHHH! Baseball! I love it!





 Well, we had a rain storm and we had to get out of it.  We headed up to the top patio area.  Nice!


The rain did stop but it was chilly!  I pointed my camera straight down from my seat.  The Cardinal pitchers warmed up here.  We were out in the outfield.  Too far for me but the rest were happy.  I enjoy baseball wherever I sit.








 Warming up!




 Dugout one!

Guess who got to call the first inning.  10 dollars and you get to call 1/2 an inning.  They record you and add the video of the part of the game you are calling.  They put it all together and send you home with a thumb drive. Fun! Top of the first was called by Mark and Easton.
 Bottom of the first was called by Keri and Ryland.
 Ryland got a ball from he Rockies pitcher.  I have to admit I was a bit envious!


 If he didn't hit that pitch he should have!


 I almost got the ball hitting the bat but not quite.  He got a hit!



 Dugout two!

 A conference at the pitching mound!
 Keri asked me if I knew why there was a row of purple seats.
 I had no idea!  That row is exactly a mile high.
 Baseball under the lights.  That is a good thing!


 Beautiful sky!


And then there was Dinger!  I always love seeing baseball in the actual stadium.  It is a great game.  I had fun for sure.  The Rockies lost this game which was great for the Dodgers.  Go Dodgers!


No comments:

Post a Comment