Wednesday, July 5, 2017

4th of July 2017

4th of July at home this year.  We didn't have a lot planned except our neighbors BBQ and some exercise.  First on the list was exercise at Moran Prairie Elementary School.  I always picture a prairie and nice and flat.  No so!  Some good hills on this walk.


This fine gentleman encouraged us to cheat.  Well, what do you know we already had that in our mind.  At least Sheila and I did.  He said it over and over.  I think he wanted to go home!
Dave, Freida and Sheila
And now me!
Off we go!

The view was beautiful!

I had mentioned resurrecting our 4th of July swim in Medical Lake.  I was kidding but no one thought I was kidding.  It had been 2 years since I had done any swimming and open water on the first time back? Guess so and it was my own fault.  I made it but it wasn't pretty at all.  I will be more careful about what I say in the future. 
Our new next door neighbors hosted a BBQ for the neighborhood.  Very nice thing to do and it was really fun!  Luann, Tim, Paul and Reid. 

Mike, Phil and Carolyn

Lots of great food!  I made apple crisp and homemade ice cream.

Reid and Mike!

This is our neighbor's granddaughter. Adorable and the dog is very patient!

Maria and Daniel hosted the BBQ.  
This is how we roll in Spokane.  Tim and Luann road their 4 Wheeler over to the BBQ.
Great food, great conversation, great hosts and a nice peaceful 4th of July.  We didn't watch any fireworks although there were a lot of illegal ones going off in our neighborhood.  It was a memorable day.

Happy 4th of July, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment