Sunday, July 9, 2017

Baseball, Fireworks and a Bottom of the 9th Win!

Take me out to the ballgame!  We have 7 tickets to the Spokane Indians games during the season.  I decided to document this one on the blog.  Boy was it a good one.   I love walking into the stadium and seeing all the baseball sites. 
 Fireworks night and balloon animals.
 Kettle corn is so good but I didn't get any!
 Blue skies, hot temperatures and concessions!
The first couple of innings didn't start very good.  I was thinking I would probably not see any fireworks.  The Indians had tied the game 2-2 and it went downhill from there for awhile. We sit behind the screen as you can see in the pictures.
The crowd is always great and into cheering for the Indians.  This lady and her husband d have season tickets so when we come to the games they are sitting next to us.
 The Spokane Indians do not lack mascots. Doris!

 Conference time!
Another mascot Recycle Man!
 There was a good crowd.
 Another mascot Otto!

This was an Indians home run!   I love this picture.  Love seeing the little boy at the bottom of the picture watching the runner go around the bases and head to home. His parents were holding him up.
And the newest unnamed mascot is a fish.   The Indians and the City of Spokane are working together to save the fish population in some rivers.
I tried to take a picture of the moon but it was hard to get the idea of how big it looked.  

My favorite part of the night.  I made it to the 7th inning.  I would never leave before Take Me Out to the Ballgame was sung.  The Indians were turning things around and it was getting exciting!
Handmade fan for me made by Martin.  Martin, his wife and a friend of his wife have the same 7 package of tickets so we will see them all seven games.
 Got some dancing going on!
 I got a t-shirt during the t-shirt toss.
 These headbands were passed out as rally bands.
As you can see the score is now close.  The other team scored a run in the top of the ninth.  9-7 and 3 runs would win the game.  Let's go Indians! The fish took a stroll in the outfield before the ninth inning started.
 The crowd was on their feet and cheering.  Well, most of them anyway.
What do you know!!!  The Indians tied the game.  We were all hoping for 1 more run so there would not be extra innings.

 Runner on third and a hit to right field won the game.  It was so exciting to see.  I think the best part was watching the players celebrate.  So much happiness!
 The water or Gatorade is coming on the right in the orange bucket.   The players mobbed the player that got the hit to win the game.
 I missed the bucket dump on film but  it went all over several players.
 The celebration continues for the players and for us.  Fireworks!
 Boy you have to click the camera at just the right time to really get the fireworks.  I timed it right a few times.  The white ball at the bottom is the moon!

 I like the scoreboard in this one.


 It was a great game and so, so, so much fun!  I love watching baseball with my favorite guy Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment