Wednesday, February 14, 2018

A Surprise visit by a Bald Eagle and Kristin

When I think about this day, day 3 of skiing this year, I think about just how good God is and how he cares about every detail of our lives.  Isaiah 40:31, Those who trust in the Lord will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, walk and not faint.  I think I would call this my life verse.  It is in several places in our home, tattooed on my back, on bracelets, on my blog.   On my way to 49 I always look in a certain area for bald eagles.  I love seeing them.  I feel like God sends them to me.  No eagle this time.  As I got closer to 49 one of the biggest bald eagles I have ever seen flew in front of my car and turned around mid air and flew across the front of my car again.  It was in a spot that wasn't a normal bald eagle spot and it was flying low.  I knew it was a sign from God that I was going to be fine.  I was so happy I had to pull over and call Mike to tell him what happened.  God cares.  He cares about every detail of your life.  That just reinforced how much God cares about all of us.  He knew I needed reassurance and sent me a sign.  My joy came spilling out in the form of tears.  
2nd blessing.  Kristin's family didn't want to ski and she decided to join me at 49.  Surprise.  She found me right away.  She could have been looking for a long time but she didn't have to because...well you know.  Another God moment.  

The snow was hard, it was cold and a bit windy but it was a great day.  Look at those blue skies.  It was so fun to ski with Kristin.  Or should I say behind Kristin.  She skis like a ball of fire.  




We skied until around 2:30.  I am back.  No nerves about my ACL repair.  I had so much fun and remembered why I love this sport so much.  My legs will get stronger and each ski day will be better than the next.  This is etched in my heart in a new way, God cares, He cares about every single detail of our life.  He is good.  He sent that eagle to tell me I would be just fine and I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment