Saturday, March 3, 2018

Bald Eagles God's Messengers! Skiing!

Anyone who knows me knows how I love bald eagles.  I would call Isaiah 40:31 my life verse.  Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint.  The eagles don't use their own power to soar in the air.  They use the air currents.  Just as we should be using the power of the Holy Spirit to live our lives and not our own power.  I did a blog post about the eagle that flew right in front of me going to 49 when I was extremely nervous about skiing because of my ACL reconstruction.  I knew it was a sign from God that I was going to be OK.  I don't always see bald eagles on the way to 49 in fact it is rare. Today I was on the phone to Mike on the way to 49 and two bald eagles made an appearance right in front of my car again.  Some might say it was a coincidence but I don't believe that.  God knows that I think of that verse every time I see a bald eagle.  He knows what it means to me.  He cares about every little thing in my life.  I was talking to Mike on the phone and shouting for joy.  Mike it's a bald eagle, there's another one.  Eagles have become God's messengers for me to bring me great joy and to let me know He is always with me, even on the ski hill.  
 I don't have to tell you that it was a beautiful day.  You can tell by the pictures.  So, so beautiful!

 Great snow, sunny skies!



There were racers on the mountain.  If I could have done the course at my own pace I would  have.  They didn't invite me.

Perfection.  I love the sound that corduroy groomed snow makes when you are skiing.  There wasn't a lot of this but enough to make me laugh out loud.
I skied hard before lunch.  My legs were tired.  Still not back to skiing strength.  I took a few runs after lunch and headed home.


On the way home there they were again.  The eagles soaring above me. God's timing was perfect again!  I pulled over and just watched them soar for about 10 minutes.  I tried to get pictures but they weren't close enough for pictures.  I did get one but I didn't even know it was an eagle until I blew the picture up.  I circled it.  God can speak to you in many different ways.  Today, I got messages of joy, peace, safety and His love all through those eagles soaring high above. What a day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment