Monday, May 14, 2018

2018 Bloomsday Number 37 for Me!

This race is a celebration of the goodness of God.  I would not have been able to do some many without God walking beside me every step of the way.  I have had so much support from the people that have done Bloomsday with me over the years.  Even when I was broken they were there.  I would have never known back then when I did my first Bloomsday that I would be heading toward my 37th Bloomsday on this Sunday.  When I we moved to Spokane we flew in the day that the third Bloomsday was happening.  I am going to do that I said to myself!  I have missed only two since I have moved to Spokane.  Knee surgeries get in the way of Bloomsday sometimes but not all the time.  I have done Bloomsday 8 months pregnant, with a cast on my leg, 11 months after a ruptured brain aneurysm (miracle), 10 months after a knee replacement and last year 4 months after surgery to replace my ACL on a different leg.  Every step of the way I celebrate that I am able to do this race another time.  I am so thankful that God cares about every part of my life and that He has carried me through some of the most difficult Bloomsdays!  All I have to say is that it is Good To Be Alive and I am here to say that miracles still happen!  I met someone on the course that said they were giving out Living Water.  Read on! 

This was my favorite sign!  John 4:13-14 Everyone who drinks this water (from the well) will be thirsty again but whoever drinks the water I give the will never thirst again. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to Eternal life.



And here we are!  Sheila wore her Steve Gleason 37 shirt.  It would have been brilliant if I would have worn my 37 shirt since it was Bloomsday 37 for me.  Our new friend Kelsey took our picture.
Of course I had to take a picture of our new friend!
Mission accomplished.  I got a picture of the helicopter.  There was more than one but I go this one!
The park is filling up with Bloomies!


And then there is the waiting with all the others.  I don't mind this at all.  The anticipation is great and you never know when you will make a new friend or two.
Or run into an old friend like Linda Portwood.  Linda taught at Michael Anderson and is now retired.

Sweatshirts in the trees are a sure sign that this is Bloomsday.  It takes some talent to get a sweatshirt to land in a tree.  I saw may failed attempts.  Cheering happens when the sweatshirt lands in the tree!
See this lady sitting down?  Someday, probably sooner than later, that will be me. Good for her!
Then there are the interesting outfits and pre race stretching routines. 

Tic, tic, tic! Almost time.

We are ready.  Thousands of people behind us and thousands in front of us. 

Ha! No drinking at all in my world!
I caught another helicopter.  It is hard to do because they don't stay still for a camera.
We are off!

The church choir.  They show up every year!

We sort of wondered who Debbie was because they all had these shirts on but no one had a shirt that said, I am Debbie!
I have all these shirts and more.
The neighbors all come out to support!

Just about to the first hill and there was a continuous line of people.

Headed to the next hill.  This is a sneaky hill because it doesn't end when you think it does.  It curves and it is still uphill around the curve.

I stopped for this worker, of course.  I just said, "Praise the Lord!" She told me that she was giving out Living Water!!!  Amen!

And her she is! Rocking it up the second hill.

Some great cheerleaders! Super heroes!
Doomsday hill, 1 mile long was just ahead!

This so doesn't look like a steep hill from this camera view but it is!!!
Check out all the people.  They look like little ants!
Ahhh! What a view!
Here I go!


Always the vulture! Always at the top!

There is Sheila in her 37 shirt.  I always think I am finished when I get up Doomsday Hill even though there are 2.5 miles left!
Our neighbor Reid at his tradition viewing spot.


Well, we had a little stop at the aide station.  Gatorade fixed the issue.  Of course if you stop you have to sit and tell them your name and the workers make sure you are OK to keep going!
It was hot! Can you tell?
Backyard BBQ smelled so good at this point!
The home stretch!


Almost done!  Couldn't wait to hear Rocky playing!
Bloomsday 37 done! 



Finishers!

Oh did these taste sooooo good!



All done for this year!  Off to eat a really big lunch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment