Monday, September 23, 2019

Happy Girl Run 2019

Here we go again!  This race is a favorite of mine.  I like the trails better than the asphalt. The scenery is better.  More challenging for sure.  Peggy, Bonnie, Melissa, Jackie and Sheila! 
We grabbed Bonnie on the way to the restroom to get a picture.  

My traditional picture with Aaron!  I met Aaron at the first Happy Girl.  He works for Happy Girl and was nice enough to search for a sweatshirt in a certain size for me.  He had to come find me to give it to me.  Or should I say sell it to me.
 Representing Team Gleason!
So good to hang out with Peggy again!!!  I missed her!  What a beautiful person. 

 Off we go!
 The scenery was great!!!
 The Spokane River!!!



 Peggy's sister and brother in law joined us.  Sheila and Peggy's brother in law became fast friends!!!



I asked this small child if there were tacos at the water stop.  He said no!  Is that false advertising?  I think so, although the sign didn't say when you could eat more tacos.
 Oh yes, there was evidence of horses all along the course!
 Peggy and her sister!
We are finally on an actual road.  There wasn't much of that but it was nice not to have to dodge rocks and slip on gravel.  That's part of the fun though as long as no one gets hurt.
We "ran"into a couple of half marathon runners that were tired enough to use me taking a picture to stop and walk a little. Freida and Mandi!
 We did not follow the yellow brick road, we followed the blue one!
 Ahhhh, the finish!  Another Happy Girl in the books!
I tried to be a great picture of Peggy crossing the finish line.  A person named Sheila kept waving her hands in front of my camera.  I think she was enthusiastically cheering Peggy on but she was cramping my picture taking.
 Peggy's sister and brother in law.
 The finishers.
We had a great time and it was great to see my friends.  Friends are a gift, a precious gift from God.  Thanks for sharing my life with me and being my friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment