Saturday, December 5, 2020

Bear Lake Adventure!

A perfect day for a walk around Bear Lake.  Talena, Angie, Laurie and I met at the lake around 10 AM.  The sun was shining and there was a chill in the air.  It was a beautiful fall day, although it felt more like winter.  Off we go!   

Lots of joy here.  I am thankful that I get to hang out with these ladies.  
Taking gloves off to take pictures wasn't the best idea in the beginning but I did it anyway.  I couldn't resist. The scenery was just too special.  God's creation at its finest.  
I just pointed the camera on my phone toward the sun and took the picture.  I really didn't know how it would turn out.  Love the colors on the clouds.
A sun blob!!!  Reflection pictures are the best.  The sun is reflected on the frozen lake. Glorious!
How do I get my phone camera off of live?  I tried to help but it didn't work.  I know how to do it on my phone.  It was a good effort. 

A pause in the action for a photo.  
This is us trying to figure out how to get all 4 of us in a selfie.  
Better! Laurie had a brilliant idea.  Put the camera in position and then get our faces in the camera.  
Good idea!  
Along the way we threw rocks on the lake to get an idea of how frozen the lake was.  Could we crack the ice? We couldn't crack it with the small rocks we were using.  And up went Laurie, on a mission to get a bigger rock. 

Up, up and away! 
You know that feeling when your children do something dangerous and your heart jumps up out of your chest.  Well, I experienced that feeling at this moment. I turned around after taking a picture of Laurie and there is Talena testing out the depth of the ice.  Will it crack if I set on it?
Of course I recovered enough to snap a couple of pictures. I am really glad I didn't get a picture of her cracking the ice.  
Laurie rolled the rock down the hill. 
The rock!

I really thought I was brilliant! I captured Angie throwing the rock into the lake and the rock cracking a hole in the lake and it sinking below the ice.  Not so!  This is all I got.  I have no idea what I did.  Click to see a one second video of a rock flying.

I did get a picture of the hole and the air under the ice.  Talena was hoping to see a penguin come up out of the hole.  That didn't happen! I like the colors of the frozen lake.  You don't really see those colors just looking at the lake.  They show up in the picture. 
There was some talk about this being a man-made lake as we walked around the lake.  Nope, it was made by bears! That's why it is called Bear Lake.  Perfectly logical.   I will end right there except to say the fellowship is a blessing from God and we had that today.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jackie! What an awesome way to preserve our fun walk together this morning! Thank you for doing this. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this...I enjoyed our time all over again just reading this. 🥰

    ReplyDelete