Saturday, January 2, 2021

Snowshoeing in December with Mike

Mike and I decided to try a different snowshoeing hike.  Shorter and a different spot.  I was having trouble with pain in my leg so shorter was a good option for me.  This trail is 1/8 of a mile past the Ranger Station on Mt. Spokane.  Right where you see the orange flag. 
We were above the fog that covered the city.  
Mike was having technical difficulties with his snowshoes.  He wore different boots on this trip. He had to lift the snowshoe totally off the ground to move because of the boots.  He took the snowshoes off and put them in the car. Mike hiked in his boots. He won't wear those boots again.  
Deadman Creek!  Hard to see with all the snow. 
I just love this view!!!   The feeling I get when I am in God's creation is truly hard to explain.  It is supernatural.  

The Gleasons!
Mike getting adjusted! 


We had to share the trail with snowmobiles for a short distance.  We didn't encounter any snowmobiles but there was a difference in the trail.  

You can't tell this is a bit uphill but it is.  Mike wanted to check out some animal prints to see what animal had trudged through the snow.  
Deer was the answer. 
Our journey was ending.  What a beautiful afternoon!  I could just stare at this picture forever.  I love the snow and being out in God's creation, especially in the winter!
The end!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment