Thursday, September 16, 2021

Beaver Lodge, Resort and Campground

These are my camera pictures.  It was too complicated to add my cell phone pictures to these. 

About 2 hours from our house is Beaver Lodge, Resort and Campground.  I would call it a campground.  There was nothing really resort-ish about this place.  It was built in the 50's.  It is a small place with tent spaces, RV spaces and small cabins.  It sits right on Gillette Lake.  Gillette Lake connects to two other lakes.  Perfect for the kayaks.  I was pretty excited about this place. Rustic and no cell service.  We learned that it was pretty crazy the weekend before with 4 wheelers and motorcycles.  We arrived on Labor Day when everyone else was leaving.  There weren't very many campers when we were there. 


After we got set up we walked across the street to check out that lake. 


There were cabins along the lake and across the street where our trailer was. 


Murphy is alway creative.  


Day two Mike discovered fishing but didn't bring his fishing gear. He drove back to Spokane to get his gear.  I spent about 5 hours of quality time with the dogs.  I couldn't kayak with them or anything else for that matter.  No hiking trails close by.  There were a few really short trails by our trailer that took about 10 minutes to walk.  It was OK for awhile but it became not OK after some time.  

The dogs and I walked down to the lake to take some pictures.  








Day two Mike went to Colville to get fishing items. The dogs and I did more walking.  He was back in a couple of hours. This bike belongs to a man I met that was riding from Florida to Anacortes, WA. WOW!  He was a retired school counselor.  He said he figured he had a lot of hills the rest of the way. YEP.  

Now, let the vacation begin.  

Our set up! 

Another walk with the dogs.  




Mike is getting info about fishing and he shared his faith with this man! 




I took this picture with my camera and thought none of the color showed so I also took the same picture with my cell phone.  The colors did show when I downloaded it to my computer.  


 Only God could do this!  A beautiful sunset.  

No comments:

Post a Comment