Thursday, January 20, 2022

A Different Cross Country Ski Adventure

Mariane and I decided to try cross country skiing on a golf course in Twin Lakes, Idaho.  It was about a 35 minute drive.  The weather was just right.  Not too cold. 



A frozen pond.  We couldn't find how each hole on the golf course connected to the next so we stayed on the same hole and went around in circles a few times.  Then we decided to do some exploring.  
Where we went exploring there were no cross country tracks set so we had to trudge through the deep snow.  It was a workout for sure.  We never did find how the cross country tracks connected to each hole on the golf course.  It was a perfect day and a perfect way to get going on our cross country skiing again.  
When we finished I decided to keep my skis on and go through the snow instead of walking on the crunchy, icy plowed snow next to the icy road to get back to the car. That worked for awhile but the tips of my skis kept going way under the snow so I took them off.  Then I had the challenge of walking through the deep snow that was up to my knees.  I made it and we had a great time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment