Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Christmas 2021

For Unto Us a Child is Born! Jesus is the Reason for the Season.  That is what it is all about.  Why does the Christmas season feel different?  I don't believe it it presents and decorations.  There is something supernatural that happens as we celebrate the birth of Christ whether we are aware of it or not.  It brings us the joy of the Lord!  Be sure to read to the bottom for a pretty fabulous Christmas present. 
We had a pretty low key Christmas.  Mike and I really didn't need anything so we requested practical things as gifts that we probably would have bought ourselves.  Everyone needs more ammo and this sign cracks me up. 

We got a few pictures from the Lathrops Christmas celebration. 

I love this picture!  Tough guy and his chickens. 
My Christmas sock had ear plugs and a gift card from Costco.  
Mike got a wallet and a tape measure. 

Mike is showing my wrapping job.  I love to wrap presents. 
More necessities for my car!
Yep, Mike lost his and now he has a new one. 

Our friend Cagney came over and spent the day with us.  We had chili, corn bread and played Jenga.  

Will it fall?
And here we go!  Keri, Kristin and Katie had a gift for me.  They wanted to do a Zoom call together when I opened the gift.  I could not figure out for the life of me what it was.  I am usually pretty good at figuring out gifts. We planned the call and I opened the gift and saw this ornament.  Cute I thought.  I love it because I love the Macy's Day Parade, always have.  That parade has the best Santa and when I was younger I thought the Macy's Santa was the real Santa.  Much to my surprise behind the ornament was a gift card for Alaska Airlines.  I started to cry and asked who was going with me. Keri jokingly said you are going by yourself.  No, all three of them are going with me.  We are going to the Macy's Day Parade on Thanksgiving together.  Wow!!!  Even better than the parade is that we will all be together.  Thank you, love you and I can't wait!

A perfect Christmas Day!!!!  Click to see a video of the day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment