Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Layne and Cross Country!

Running!  Cross country running.  It takes a special person to run cross country!  Persistent, focused, the never give up attitude and more.  That's Layne!  This is her senior year and I can't believe it! Mike and I want to soak in every moment with our grandkids.  
Warm up time

Off to the start line! 




I got side tracked by an airplane.  Pretty good shot if I do say so myself.  

I love that Deer Park High School has yellow uniforms.  They are so easy to find.  There were only three schools in this race but in the bigger races yellow is helpful. 

I can't run around to get pictures because of back surgery so I do my best to get different shots that are not always in the same place. 


The finish.  Layne came in second.  I found out later she had a cold.  You can't breathe very good when you have a cold. 
She ran hard for sure.  Especially being sick!

Deer Park Seniors

The best ballon prize if there were one! 
This is a different meet.  A huge meet!  I am not sure how many schools were there.  The Battle for the 509 is what the meet was called. 
Warm up time at the start line!


Deer Park Stags.  I think this is the stag sign, antlers!




Here we go!




Gotta love the yellow!
You can see Layne's head here! 

The first lap.

The home stretch in the finish shoot!



What a great race for Layne. 18th out of about 150 girls!  Her time was 19:46 for 3.1 miles.  Good job Layne.  

No comments:

Post a Comment