Saturday, October 1, 2022

The Walk to Defeat ALS 2022

I wasn't going to do the Walk to Defeat ALS this year.  I had back surgery and the recovery has been rough.  I decided to at least try and raise some money for ALS.  I started a team and my friends kicked in. Team Gleason was in second place for fundraising.  We all headed to Mirabeau Park to walk.  As you can see Sheila's future daughter in law is expecting.  I was recovering so we didn't walk the whole thing.  You will see the rest of the team in the last picture.  I am so thankful for all of the people that joined Team Gleason and donated!  It was an awesome first year back!  So glad I decided to do this.  
Bonnie, Jackie, Sheila, and Peggy.  Not sure I spelled Jackie's name right!


This is Britni the new leader for our area.
The National Anthem.

This gentleman told us about his diagnosis of ALS and he also shared a heartbreaking story about how many in his family have ALS.  
Off we go!

The cheerleaders!

This is the rest of our team.  They volunteered to help with the walk.  They were a big part of our fundraising success.  We had someone take a group picture but she didn't push the button down all the way.  Disappointing but there is always next year! Thank you to all of you!  I am so grateful!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment