Thursday, December 21, 2023

Bald Eagle Viewing December 2023

Off we go for our annual eagle viewing adventure.  December 9th, 2023 and the bald eagle count was 279.  It was a cloudy day so picture taking was a bit challenging.  We made it happen though.  I took these with my longest lens.  

A juvenile bald eagle taken through the spotting scope.  




If there is a circle the picture was taken through the spotting scope.  Lots of eagles in the trees and not many flying until later in the morning. 

This was unique.  Someone came and told us there was a mountain goat across the freeway.  He had lived in the area 40 years and this was only the second time he had seen a mountain goat.  He was pretty darn excited.  So was Mike. We got these through the spotting scope.  

One thing about using the scope is I have to change the lens to a different one or the camera doesn't work with the spotting scope. When eagles fly by and I have my shorter lens on I miss some great pictures.  Not bad though for using the lens my camera came with.  Next time we will bring my old camera and there will be no lens changing. I won't miss opportunities to get great pictures of the eagles in flight.  









This one got a fish!





Lots of pictures of the same eagle. In each picture the eagle was in just a tiny different position.  At least I think that was the case.  I just like the pictures. 






Now our traditional meal after bald eagle watching. It takes a lot of energy to stay out in the cold searching for eagles. 
This pancake took up the whole plate.  It was thin so I managed to eat it all.  Or did I?
Love!
Well, almost all of it. I had a predator waiting for whatever wasn't consumed!  Until next year!  We might go again this year.  Today the eagle count is over 400! WOW!  A record number of bald eagles!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment