Saturday, November 10, 2012

First Snow of Fall

Its back.  The white fluffy stuff that dresses up the scenery.  This is my favorite time of the year.  Not just because of skiing although that is a huge part of it but because it is so beautiful.  It is peaceful to me.  
 When this steep hill is green Mike gets to mow it.  It is hard and I appreciate that he does it.
 I went to the store and on the way home I stopped in front of our house to take first snow pictures.  One thing I love about the snow is the family time we spend together with the grandkids at 49 Degrees North.  It is so cool to watch Kristin and Justin work with them on the hill.  They are good skiers already!
 Snow tires will be put on this Friday.  I usually beat the snow tire rush but didn't this year.  I will be fine.  I am especially looking forward to ski season this year.  I think I appreciate everything in life much more after coming so close to not living.  Ski season will be a celebration this year.  I might not be able to ski a whole day but that is AOK.  I just love being up there in God's creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment