Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Birthday Party and Some Football

   Ha!  Reindeer noses were gifts for the kids at Christmas!  We were off to a birthday party for Baylon Brees!  
The party was at the zoo!  Spectacular zoo!
Lots of animal pictures on this post!  Animals and kids playing.  Life is good!
Milly and PJ.  PJ is River's cousin!
Couldn't pass up this opportunity!  Thanks to Drew for posing with me.  He didn't even mention my Seahawks shirt.  He does have a Boston hat on so I guess we were even.  Neither of us were sporting Saints!
This young man was up on this forever.  He must have been copying the flamingos.  Every time I looked over he was in that pose.  A long time really!  He did put his foot down now and then!
Michel's sister in law and the cousins!
We are headed into a special spot in the zoo to feed the elephants and check out a lion!
Wanna hear a lion roar?  He was not happy having visitors I guess!  We were harmless but I suppose he didn't know that!  Click below!
Rivers got to feed the elephants!


So did Milly!
And so did I!
A snake!  I touched it but I don't like them.  I hope I didn't send any negative vibes to the snake!
Kids playing on the playground!




Cake cutting time!
After the cake we explored the zoo.  Part of it anyway!  Animals are amazingly beautiful!

This guy just stared at us and didn't move at all!  He was a bit intimidating!
This baby grabbed some leaves and scurried up a rope.  He was fast.  Could be a she I guess!

This is where the baby decided to land and eat!  In this blue tub way up high.
Still staring!
Don't know what happened to the mouth on this guy but it was deformed.
Sea lions!

The pelicans were roaming free.  I thought they were supposed to be so I got close and got some pictures.  Then I zoo guy came and asked us to clear a path so he could get the pelicans back in their home.  I guess they escaped!  They bite but I was spared that adventure.


Michel and Milly climbing up a rope web!

PJ.
We were able to get pretty close to the giraffes! They were confined but they came right up to us.
See!
One big rhino!

Game time.  Wish the results would have been better but I had to show everyone I finally got a Seahawks shirt!
Rivers always wants outside.  He is a nature boy like his parents!
Jill and Paul, Michel's parents, came over and brought dinner and watched the football game with us.  They brought a Kings Cake.  A baby is cooked in the cake and whoever gets the baby had to bring the cake to the next get together.  A baby is cooked in every Kings cake.  The baby is Baby Jesus if I understand correctly.  This tradition starts on Jan. 6, King's day and continues until Mardi Gras in Feb.  I hope I got that right. 
Stephen got the baby this time.
Rivers and Stephen have a unique way of playing.  Check it out on the videos below!

Grandma Jill and Rivers!  Nicest woman ever!
The grandmas with Rivers!
Grandpa and Rivers!
It was raining hard on Sunday.  Rivers wanted to go outside and Mike took him out.  He brought Rivers back in and out a couple of times.  Soft hearted Mike couldn't really tell him NO Outside!  Steve followed them out the last time they were out.  Steve said let him get in the water!  The first couple of times outside in the rain Rivers got a little wet in the puddle by the front of the house.  The last time he got totally soaked with Steve's permission.  He loved it!



This video is dark but you can sort of tell what is going on.  Rivers stood right under the water pouring off the roof! To a warm bath afterwards and some dry jammies!               
                             
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment