Friday, January 18, 2013

My Christmas Present

Mike got me a wonderful Christmas present this year.  We both enjoyed it so much!  Dinner and a night at the Davenport.  It was so relaxing and fun.
I can't remember the name of the place we ate dinner but we were blessed by seeing one of my former students who works there.  Cassie.  She is 21 now. AHHHH. She had not seen me since my event!  I got a huge hug and she said she had goosebumps and had been praying for me.  Thank you Cassie for the prayers.  She also told me I am the best teacher she ever had.  She wrote a letter for the news channel that does teacher of the month.  She is going to mail me a copy of the letter.  So nice to hear those things.  Thank you so much for the compliments Cassie and you look beautiful.  She was hesitant to get her picture taken because she didn't think she looked very good.  What? She is college for nursing now.  I am so proud of her!
Oh Christmas tree Oh Christmas tree!
This is a picture of the lobby at the Davenport Hotel by someone who takes pictures and writes for a job.  Thanks for sharing James!
There were still a few gingerbread houses left as displays in the lobby of the hotel.  Creative for sure! The clock tower in the park.
Super heroes maybe?
Gingerbread reindeer!
Gotham City.
Another tree!  I got some tips how to get the orange out of the picture.  I will use the tips next time.
A little hot chocolate and some conversation! Priceless!

Breakfast at the Davenport Tower.  Pancakes and scrambled eggs for me.
We always make new friends when we go some place.  This is our waitress Mary Ellen.  She was funny.  She works during the week for the school district and here on the weekends.  Busy lady with lots of energy.
Mike went and got the car and I went up to the room to get our things.  I pushed the button for the elevator.  When it opened I saw about 5 people riding the elevator.  I smiled and said hello.  No one said a thing!  I think that there is something in an elevator that forces people to look straight ahead and freezes their vocal chords.  I was outside the elevator when I said hello.  That is why mine still worked.  People say hello please!
Mike and I had a great and fabulous time.  Thanks for the Christmas gift Mike.  A wonderful gift spending time with Mike!


No comments:

Post a Comment