Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Paddy's 5 Miler

Another event for the EAOD (Elite Athletes Only Different).  The St. Paddy's 5 miler in Spokane, WA.  Last year it was raining.  This year much better, cold but not too bad and some wind.  We started the day with some Team Gleason pictures.  Yes, we were inside, it was cold outside!
And yes we were in the locker room at the college, restrooms and all in the picture.
I spotted a Seahawk's fan to the left of us as the event started.  12th man!
Everyone was invited to this event as long as they wore green.
Where do people find this stuff to wear?  Love the pants!
Look closely and you can see all the people that were way ahead of us on the other side of the river. Freida, are you over there somewhere?

Such a beautiful course.  Spring colors hadn't erupted yet but soon.
The person holding the cups was a little suspicious of me taking pictures I think.  I got a look!
Sheila and I were walking along and I said, "Do you think we can pass these two men?"  The answer was yes!  We never did.  I wondered if there were cookies in the man's hand so I asked him.  Probably shocks you that I did that. :-)
Yes, they were Girl Scout cookies.  Next question, "Can I take a picture of you with your cookies?" Yes!  We started talking and finished the event with Keith and Richard.  Small world, Keith's brother in law donated all the noodles for a fundraiser held for me out in Medical Lake.  Sheila, I think they slowed our pace down a bit but we made new friends.

All decked out!

The shirt is green.  Surprise!
Sheila and I both mentioned that a different color shirt would be nice. To cover the St. Patrick's Day theme just put green writing on it.  Sheila's suggestion was black with green writing. Mine was anything but green. Green is not my favorite.  I am sure the volunteers passing out the shirts appreciated our input.  I like the design just not the green. Last year the shirt was gold/yellow.  Loved it.  I will retire the shirt after wearing it to school on Monday.  
Lots of green shirts.  
Dad and son!
Patty worked as a nurse in our school district.  She is retired now.

                      
Traditional coffee/food stop after the event!

Pretty sure this is one of the oddest pictures of me ever! What kind of smile is that?  We were surprised by Freida and Dave at the Rocket Bakery.  Nice surprise.  Freida, fellow EAOD member, participated in the event too.  She is a super fast runner so we never saw her at the race.  Dave ran too. Also, super fast.
Dave finally made the blog.  Congratulations to Dave!
Another fun day with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment