Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hot Chocolate Seattle 5k/15k

Coffee, food, and fellowship.  That is what the EAOD (Elite Athletes Only Different) is all about.  We throw in a bit of exercise now and then too.  We all headed to Seattle to complete either 5k or 15k on the streets of Seattle.  The group below carpooled our way to Seattle and the first request was to stop in Ritzville at Starbucks for coffee.  I was driving one car and had already stopped for coffee but I got more coffee and was running on 6 shots of espresso on the drive.  Wasn't tired at all. 
We joined others for some lunch once we got to Seattle.  This is daughter number one (and by that I mean you were born first Keri, clarifying) Keri.
Freida and Sheila my partners in the car.  They kept me alert by talking to me for 5 hours.  I had no problem talking for 5 hours.
Food pictures as usual.
Here we are, friends and family at a fabulous lunch spot right on the water!
Daughter number three (birth order) is wearing the ball cap in the back. Sheila, Katie, Deanna, Linda (back row from the left).  Keri, Jackie Freida (front row).

Here we are again.  Closer up!
NO WHITE FLAGS!
At lunch my daughters noticed a spot on the leg of my pants.  I thought maybe I set my water glass on my leg.  Wasn't sure.  We walked through the trade show and picked up or shirts and numbers and we were getting ready to leave and I noticed the whole bottom of my purse was wet.  Do you have a water bottle in your purse, I was asked.  NO!  I started digging and found an energy drink.  I slid it in my purse before I left and forgot it was there. Hmmm!  All the wear and tear of 7+ hours in my purse had poked a small hole in the can and guess what.  My purse was full of energy!  Look closely and you can see on the left side and bottom the purse is a different color.  Energy drink can in hand.
Keri was very entertained by this event as you can see.  Seeing mom's wet purse.  So was Katie but Keri more so!
Sheila, Jackie, Freida
Katie and me!
Keri, Katie, and me! Do we look alike?
This is another group that arrived in Seattle to do the event.  Paulla teaches at our school.
Katie has a wonderful view from her bedroom window.  I woke up at 3 AM and looked out the window.  Had to take a couple of pictures.  It is hard to capture a scene like this at night but it looks OK.  Oh, I did go right back to sleep.


Keri took this picture on the way to the Hot Chocolate.  Our 5K started at 6:45 in the morning.  Katie lives about a mile from the start line so we walked down to the event.  The walk back up to her apartment was all uphill and very steep.  Steeper than Doomsday hill at Bloomsday.  Added a couple of k's to our walk.
These two ladies were waiting for me at the start line.  Freida did the 15K and her start was after ours.

Ready, set, go.
Great sites along the way.  Yes, I took my camera!

This was in a tunnel along the way and I don't know what the 55:23 was.  It was not our time for 2 K into the race, I promise.
Cute, cute sporting Team Gleason wear.
Done!  I forgot to get a picture crossing the finish line so I went back and took one.
Yum, yum.  The prize at the end, chocolate and goodies.
I only ate the banana!  Oh, I did drink the hot chocolate!
Sheila, Jackie, Keri, Katie, Stephanie and we are done!
Keri and Katie.  Love these girls more than they know!
Another picture with Kate!  Go Team Gleason.  For those of you that don't know Team Gleason is a foundation for ALS support that my step-son Steve has created.  Steve has ALS.
Linda and Deanna!  More winners!  They look cold.  It was a cold, sunny morning in Seattle.
We are on our way home and at a rest stop somewhere along the road.  Thought we better get a picture wearing the sweatshirts we earned.  I am a very blessed person to have the great friends I have.  I couldn't ask for a better group to hang out with.  Love you all.  Really, I do.  Thanks for being my friends and supporting me every step of the way.  May God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment