Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sandpoint Scenic Half Marathon

Let me just start the blog post with our plan!  Sheila and I had not been training.  We knew we weren't going to do 13.1 miles.  We were hoping for 6 miles.  There is supposed to be a strip that registers your time at the turn around spot half way through an event.  There usually is but not this time.  Sheila and I did not think we would get an official time because we never crossed that strip.  BUT!  There wasn't one.  We got an official time for the half marathon and we only did 10 miles.  ONLY I say!
We did the ALS Walk on Saturday and headed up to Sandpoint to spend the night and do the Scenic Half the next day.  Our dinner spot was selected by Sheila, perfect!
 A great view!
 And good food!
 All smiles and ready for our pre-event meal.

 The sunset was beautiful and I didn't think I got the beautiful colors it the pictures but I did!


 A restful night for some and I had a cold hit me fast and hard.  I wasn't even going to get up and try but Sheila said get up, take a shower and see how you feel.  I felt horrible but I was upright so off I went with the encouragement from my fellow EAOD members.  NO White Flags!  We would see our results in this box later in the morning.
 I have said it before and I will say it again.  The Pacific Northwest is God's country!  So beautiful! Part of the view from the start area!
 Ready, set, go!

 Notice the handful of tissue I am carrying?

 AHHHHH! Life is good!  Beautiful scenery with great friends!

 We are all ready.  Numbers attached, smiles on, training done!
 The crowd gathers.  Runners in front and walkers in back.
 I have to take pictures of every ambulance for some reason.  Maybe because I rode in one and it brings back memories of Deanna and her ride in the ambulance.  Safety first, I am glad they are there.
 We went along the long bridge in Sandpoint.
 Tissue in hand, mile one complete and I am smiling.  It is fake!

 Beautiful.  Sometimes I get lucky with my pictures.  I really couldn't see what I was taking because of the sun but it turned out great!

 Look who we found passing us!  Smiling from ear to ear! Our super star marathoner!
 And we were only going to do 6 miles.  HA!

 Look closely.  While we were walking there was some underwater activity nearby!
 Sheila had more gas left in her tank and she jogged to the finish line.  Go Sheila!
 Here comes Bonnie!  13.1 miles complete!

 Team EAOD finishers!
 The Kilgores.  Drew wanted to be in a picture too.  He is so cute, he should be in a picture!
 Bonnie was 3rd in her age group.  Wow!  Way to go Bonnie.  We aren't used to getting awards, this was an awesome first!  So proud of you Bonnie.  Nice water bottle.
Yes, oh yes!  I am holding a water bottle too.  It's a long story!  Ask one of these ladies about it.  I feel like I need to confess!

No comments:

Post a Comment