Monday, September 16, 2013

Walk to Defeat ALS

I am surrounded by amazing friends!  I am so blessed.  Again this year the Gonzaga Prep football team joined Team Gleason for the ALS Walk in Spokane!  Jennifer Doolittle and Dave McKenna made the shirts happen!  It really felt good be wearing shirts honoring Stephen for the walk.  Thank you! I am putting lots of pictures that are almost the same because they will be borrowed.  The borrowers will have a lot of choices!

 This isn't the whole team, more to come!

 I am the short one in front!  Seniors!
 Shirt change!

 This is the whole team!
 Wow!

 The Doolittles are always there to support!  Always!  Two great people!
 Gonzaga Prep cheerleaders.
 The leader of the pack.  Jennifer does so much for this cause.  I would like to mention that she is so fun to be around!  She makes me laugh!  Fun and more fun!
 Ah, some more Doolittles!
 All of the Doolittles together!  I can always count on them for sure!
Before the walk started a man that knows what living with ALS is all about had a few words to share.
 Here we go!

 Oh, I so love these ladies.  Always, always there to support me.  Thank you!


 Representing the USA!
 Look who I found.  Nate, Nick and family!

 As I look at this picture I am speechless.  I am so happy you are all part of my life!
 A precious lady, Jenny with a precious bundle of sweetness, Nolan!
I wonder where Jackie and Sheila are?  HMMM...probably talking to someone.  Thanks for waiting for us! We were talking!

 The end!  Another year and a successful fundraiser for ALS!
 All smiles!
 Yes Denise we are done!  We did it!
 You two couldn't be any cuter! Jennifer and Leslie!
 I got to know Leslie at the ALS Luncheon in May.  She is just as she appears on television, genuine, kind and sweet!
The walk is over and Rocket Bakery was our next stop!  A little fuel before we headed to Sandpoint to participate in the Sandpoint Scenic Half Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment