Sunday, May 11, 2014

Buckets of Hope ALS Fundraiser 2014

Oh what a night!  Thank you so much.  It is true what I said up there on the microphone.  You have all supported us in so many ways in the last few years and we are truly thankful and we feel so blessed!  
Buckets of Hope.  A fundraiser for ALS.  It was so fabulous to see so many at this event.  I am speechless (rare I know).  So many people supporting, helping, caring.  It was good.  Really good. Mark Peterson was the MC for the evening.  It started with some snacks and drinks of every variety.  Then a program to honor some, inform, and ask for donations.   
Our next door neighbors were there.  Thank you.  We could not have asked for better neighbors.
Mike Price former WSU coach presented The Spirit of Lou Gehrig Awards to Michel and Steve Gleason and to the Gleason Initiative Foundation.  He has a great sense of humor and did a great job talking about his experiences with Stephen.
A short thank you and I am not sure why my lips are blue.  I could go back and fix it but...not going to.
It was a packed house!  Standing room only.
Mike did the "ask" again this year.  He was concerned about doing it two years in a row but we all knew he would do great.  We all believed in him.  He did great!!!  Mike always speaks straight from the heart.  That is one of the MANY reasons I love him.  He got tons of positive feedback from people.  They even asked him to do it again next year!  He wants to if he is invited.
These pictures were showing when Mike was talking.  Shows a huge contrast.  Steve as a football player and Steve now.

After Mike was done I started taking pictures of all of the people that came to support us.  I didn't find everyone.  Wish I would have started pictures before the program.  Pictured or not Mike and I both were overwhelmed!  Thank you again! Mark, Sheila and Mary.


The Jennifers!
Ray
Bill and Ken, co-workers of Mike.
Team Gleason donated this print for the silent auction.  Guess who got it?
It will be hanging in Dallas' office at the Windermere building.
Nick and Stephani
with Dave and Freida!
The Mike's.  Mike Price and Mike Gleason
Marianne!
Sarah and Rian
Jack and Kim!
This poor guy.  I gave him a bad time but I don't even know his name.  He happened to be walking by as I was taking pictures.  He said don't take a picture of me!  I did almost every time I passed him.  Many were of his hand against the lens of the camera. We were having fun.  Finally, I took a great one of him and his wife.  He took the camera from me and said pose for the picture.  He told me not to post his picture because he has a warrant out for his arrest.  Ha!



Steve, Jennifer and Mike

The awards!
Dave and Freida

These three to the right of Mike are brothers.  Their mother was diagnosed with ALS when the youngest was a year old.  She lived 22 years with ALS.  Ryan, Shane and Aaron Siefken.

Mike W. and Marianne
Some of the members of the EAOD.  Freida, Sheila, Marianne and JKG
Jennifer Hanson, Mike Gleason, Rick Meeks!  The muscle behind this event!

It is Sunday today as I am posting.  We are still talking about what a great event this was.  It was fun, inspirational, and powerful Thank you Evergreen team for all your hard work getting this together.  We feel like you are part of our family. A cure!  It is coming!

The awards!


No comments:

Post a Comment