Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bloomsday Number 33, May 2014

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ANNOUNCE I WON THE NON CONTEST, NON PRIZE.  I GUESSED THE SHIRTS WOULD BE LIGHT BLUE!  I AM A WINNER OF THE CAMOUFLAGE CAR!

Another year of Bloomsday fun!  I would be so sad if I couldn't do this run every year.  No sadness here.  Number 33 for me! Number 5 for my sister.  Not sure how many Katie has done.  I know I made her do it when she was younger.  Our first stop was the movie GODS NOT DEAD. We went on Friday morning so there were not many others.  Ok, no one at first.  Then two people showed up.  It is a must see movie.  So, so great!
 The star of the show, Patti.  Why not get a picture in front of the big screen!!
This is a story I am not sure I want to repeat but I am going to.  We drove by this not so great tattoo place.  Two guys were sitting outside smoking.  They were full of piercings and tattoos.  We noticed the name in white on the window.  WHAT?  They spelled the name wrong.  Beaver has an A in it.  Shall we turn around and tell them the name is spelled wrong?  Why not.  We drove up and they just stared at us at first.  Then I opened the car door and asked what the name of their shop was.  Immediately, one fine gentleman pulled out his wallet and said people always think the name is misspelled.  He showed me his drivers license.  Yes, his last name is Bever.  Whatever.  I know for sure no tattoos from this shop would ever grace my skin.
After we harassed the guys that the tattoo place we went to the Lathrops.  Patti gave the girls kites and they went right at the flying.  What a great place to fly a kite.  It was windy too.   Perfect!

 Look at the top left of the photo.  Kites flying high!
 Now for the climbing all over the deck!

 Patti and Layne were playing Hanging with Friends against Lucy and I.  I am pretty sure we won.
Saturday and the fun continues.  The Bloomsday expo where you pick up packets and spend way too much money on things.  We made some new friends at the Bloomsday gear booth.
 So it begins.  Bloomsday!  7.46 miles to go and some not so fun hills unless your name is Patti.
 What I lack in speed I make up for in cute.  Katie's headband.  So true!
 The car is parked and we are off to the starting line.  The three musketeers.
I love Katie.  Such a serious pose but we all know she is not serious and so much fun to hang out with!

 The Spokane River!  Raging!
 This helicopter sounds a huge blast to start us on our Bloomsday adventure.





Guess who we got to see!  Holly, Scott and their little girl born a month ago.  Cheryl's granddaughter!  Katie kept saying how cute she was all throughout the race.  She is a cutie!
 Here we are!  Me, Patti, Katie, Sheila, Scott, Holly, Shannon and Michelle.
I am sure the Star Spangled Banner has been played before Bloomsday before but I have never noticed it.  It was quite moving to see almost everyone stop and honor our country.

 And the wait begins.  We start in waves and it is not our turn yet.
Perfect picture.  If you have heard the story of the tattoo I have on my ankle this picture is it's inspiration.  When I was younger, much younger, I thought those sun rays coming out of the clouds were Jesus watching out for me.  I always smile when I see this.  You are right here God and I know it!
 We played a little joke on Katie.  This was the first reaction.
This is the second reaction.  It had to do with a whoopee cushion app on the phone and stretching.  I will leave the story there and let your imagination tell the rest of the story.
 All sweatshirts and shirts in the trees are donated.  Happens every year!

 Cheerleaders everywhere!
 How oh how did the sweatshirts get up so high.  Did someone crawl up the post?
 Here we go!

 Wow.  Just Wow!!!
We are always greeted here by the priests and some music. 



The hill! Here it comes.  Looks so innocent in this picture but it isn't!  Hardest part of the race and Patti ran up the whole thing!  Impressive.


All kinds of creatures like to lurk up on the top of Doomsday Hill to watch us complete the steep grade.
 Photo bomb!  The vulture! These people are wondering where Katie came from.
 Our neighbors always hang out at this house to cheer us on.
 Hugs anyone?
 We are almost done!
 There it is!  The finish line!

 We did it!  Another one in the record books.  I can't imagine not doing this every year.  So much fun!
We celebrated afterwards at the Swinging Doors and had a taste of Pilsner 37.  Part of the profits from this beer go to Team Gleason.  Supporting the cause. Thanks for the fun Katie and Patti!  Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment