Friday, January 1, 2016

An Adventure with Grizzly Gleason, January 1, 2016

Well, I was going a little nuts at home.  I did not have my happy face on and Mike noticed it.  My back has been bothering me and it is hard to sit much.  Remnants of my knee surgery and I am working on getting it fixed.  Let's go for a walk Mike said.  OK.  It took us a while to get going but we headed to Riverside State Park by the Bowl and Pitcher.  The Bowl and Pitcher is a rock formation.  The temperature was cold, extra cold.  Below 20 degrees.  We bundled up for a beautiful afternoon.  

 Our first stop was the overlook to the Bowl and Pitcher!






 Come up here Jackie, we can get great pictures!






 Up the stairs to the tippy top!
 Time to head to the hiking trails.
 Over the river and through the woods to the suspension bridge we go!

 We are back in the shade for most of these pictures so the pictures aren't as bright.





Icicles.

After the bridge up another set of stairs and we have arrived at the many trails.  There were a lot of people around!  Cold or no cold we love being outdoors in the Pacific Northwest!


 We didn't go on this trail.  I followed the rules.




 Grizzly Gleason at his finest!

 Our selfie.  My camera takes them and it is easier than using a phone.
How do you describe scenes like this.  Inspiring, beautiful, marvelous, pretty?  It's all about God for me.  God created this for us to enjoy and the fact that it is hard to put this into words speaks to how awesome our God is!  He created this for us!  








I really didn't want to ask someone to take off their gloves and take a picture of us.  I did and he was happy to do it.

Bambi was here! We actually saw several mule deer on the other side of the river just walking along the ridge!



 Remnant of the wind storm!  I was surprised I didn't see more downed trees.

 Someone took the time to build a snowman for all to see!  Fun!


Boy did I need to get out and about.  Mike knew just what I needed.  The more I move the better my back feels.  That was one great thing about hiking!  Another was spending time with Grizzly Gleason outdoors in the woods.  We both love being outside and enjoying nature!  It is relaxing and peaceful!  A gift from our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment