Saturday, January 23, 2016

Hockey, Whipped Cream Faces, Shopping and more!

Texas!  This was such a fun visit.  We arrived Thursday in the late afternoon and we were on the go the whole trip.  I love that!  Seeing sights, experiencing Texas, and spending time with the Doolittles!
 Easton was planting some seeds for something.  I didn't get all the details but I know we played badminton and hockey right over the seeds.  At least I think we did.
First challenge was a hockey game!  I discovered I could actually run on my new knee.  I am not supposed to but I think that means long distances.  I little hockey won't hurt it.  My theme for the weekend was. "I used to be good at that!"
Ready, Set, I am READY! Bring it!


The phone was a bit of a distraction because Mike was in the middle of putting a house sale together.
We went from hockey to this.  I used to be good at this.  Not anymore.  Ryland gave me a second chance because I was struggling.  Such a nice guy!

 I don't know what this is called but it is a crack up except when you have your head in the hole.  It is fun to watch other people get creamed!






 Mark looks cool as a cucumber!


 Wait for it! Wait for it!




Game over!  Friday coming up.  Mike didn't feel good and did not go on this adventure with us.  It was like a big Texas Swap Meet.  It was very unique and a good place to hear the Texas accent.



Dual purpose gun safe.  Everyone should have one.  Use it for a gun safe and a tornado shelter.  Keri said that her family would not all fit in that.  Oh, but I can custom make them so your whole family can take shelter in this!

We stopped to sample some jerky.  One sample was really hot.  I asked how hot and the seller said, "Won't burn your hair off but it will talk to you going down!"  All spoken with his Texas accent.  A couple of other good quotes...one man was talking about how busy he was and said, "Like my mama said my shirt tail never hits my back." Another at a booth, "There's no such thing as too much ammo."
 I found my new cowboy hat right around the corner from this guy!
 You can carry guns in Texas but not at this shopping area!
After our shopping adventure we headed to Easton and Ryland's school.  I got to be the guest reader to Easton's first grade class.  I had a great time!  Kids are kids whether they are in Texas or Washington.  Fun!


 I loved that Easton stood right next to me!

And the first badminton tournament.  Easton and Mike were victorious this time but Ryland and I  got them the next time. I used to be good at this!




We ended the evening at a really yummy BBQ place.  You have to get there on time because there is only so much food cooked and when it is gone it is gone!





 All you can eat dessert!  3 of them for Mike!  All topped with ice cream!

 Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment